Booking Comedy Shows on Oasis Class

We are on the Symphony in October and love comedy. Do the comedy shows change during the week and can we reserve more than one show?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, rjrpar said:

We are on the Symphony in October and love comedy. Do the comedy shows change during the week and can we reserve more than one show?

Thanks in advance

Same show. Not that many time choice. Just can book 1. To see it twice you can try the stand by line.

When we were on Symphony in March it was the same two comedians all week (they both perform at each show).  My impression was that is how it typically works.  I don't think we were able to reserve more than one comedy show per person for the cruise.  

There was a line for people without reservations if one wanted to try and go more often, but I believe the Adult Comedy Show has the lowest success rate of the various shows on Oasis Class ships of getting in without a reservation (I also can't say whether having already registered for a different show would have you deprioritized to get in a second time if they're scanning at the door).

I just got off Allure today and booked the comedy show twice (both reservations active at the same time). I booked the first one before boarding because it was all that was available, but preferred a different date, so once on the ship I looked in the app and there was availability on the date I wanted, so I booked that as well.

I didn't cancel the original reservation because I wanted to see if the comedians were going to be different at each show. I went to the first show and realized both comedians perform at each show, so there was no reason to go see it a second time, but the app wouldn't let me cancel it within 24 hours so I just no-showed. 

Even though I had reservations I showed up after they let any stand-by guests in, and there was still plenty of room despite it being a small venue. I don't know if that's unique to short cruises (people being occupied socializing and don't tend to go to as many shows maybe?) or if it was because there were a lot of large groups on board (I'm wondering if this is also typical of short cruises - having lots of big groups on board because it's easier to coordinate a lot of people for a 3 day trip than it is for a 7-day). 

The advice for Symphony is to go on the app and book the Comedy show as soon as bookings open.  It sells out very quickly.  We did go on our Symphony cruise earlier this year (in The Attic) and it was packed.  Even when they closed the Stand-by line, and the doors, people kept sneaking in.  Almost a dangerous situation IMO.