SeaShore YC Interior cabin advice

ak1004

Hello,

Seeking for advice in cabin selection on the SeaShore YC:

19038 or 18027/18029/18033

19038 says "for guests with disabilities". Is it the same size as the other 3 on deck 18? Deck 18 look more convenient, near the restaurant, but are they the same size otherwise?

5 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

19038 is wheelchair accessible and should go to someone who needs it, not to someone who just wants more space.

My TA mentioned that all 4 cabins are available.

3 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

My TA mentioned that all 4 cabins are available.

Do you park in empty/available handicapped spaces or do you leave them for the people who actually need them?

If you take 19038 and you don't need a wheelchair accessible stateroom, the person who needs one won't be able to cruise if the only options are the other 3 choices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Hello,

Seeking for advice in cabin selection on the SeaShore YC:

19038 or 18027/18029/18033

19038 says "for guests with disabilities". Is it the same size as the other 3 on deck 18? Deck 18 look more convenient, near the restaurant, but are they the same size otherwise?

Appears that 19016 and 19018 and 19022 are already booked. We were in 19016 in April and loved it. However any of your choices on Deck 18 should be fine and are more convenient to Dining and Lounge. We are doing Seascape in November and Deck 19 Cabins were booked so will be in a Deck 18 Interior Cabin. Personally we would not “choose” a disability cabin even tho it appears bigger in case someone requires it and you end up getting bumped to a cabin less desirable.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Do you park in empty/available handicapped spaces or do you leave them for the people who actually need them?

If you take 19038 and you don't need a wheelchair accessible stateroom, the person who needs one won't be able to cruise if the only options are the other 3 choices.

This is different because if we booked an accessible cabin and someone else needed it more, we would definitely give it up and accept a different cabin.

But you are right, and i’m surprised that they even allow to book it to everyone, not just people who really need it.

33 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

But you are right, and i’m surprised that they even allow to book it to everyone, not just people who really need it.

Typically when you book this cabin category (HC) it comes with a disclaimer that if a HC guest needs it, one who isn't could be bumped.  Not sure how it would work if the other YIN categories are gone by that time...they tend to sell out quickly.

As for the size, they are small but doable.  The biggest irk for me is the size of the bathroom...very small...barely a one butt space.  Other than that, I love them.  They get so dark and are also very cool (a/c).

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Totally agree but in this case, from MSC's perspective, they want to fill all the rooms and often they are sold to non-handicapped passengers because... they want to fill all the rooms.  Were I in need of an accessible cabin and none were available, I'd likely call (or have my TA do it) to inquire on my behalf.  I think MSC should revisit their anyone can book one policy and save these special rooms as long as possible.  

For clarification, if it is (for example) past final payment date, I have no problem with anyone booking a wheelchair accessible stateroom. My objections are when people who do not need one book one months or even years in advance. The person who needs one would see that all available staterooms for them are booked and they would have no way of knowing if someone could be bumped out of one.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

This is different because if we booked an accessible cabin and someone else needed it more, we would definitely give it up and accept a different cabin.

I would suggest that if it turned out the accessible cabin was needed you “might”not be given a choice and who knows what they would do with you perhaps even putting you in a cabin outside Yacht Club but with YC privileges. I personally as I said would not take a chance. I would choose a YC Interior when one is available. They sell out fast the more people hear about them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Other than that, I love them.  They get so dark and are also very cool (a/c).

Not the ship the OP referred to, but when we were on the Euribia, our room did not cool properly. We complained several times, but nothing was done, although because it was in Northern Europe, it was bearable. I think it was an issue they couldn't figure out and were choosing to ignore.  So, word of caution if anyone books on Euribia and likes a cooler room.

• Like 1

Typically when you book this cabin category (HC) it comes with a disclaimer that if a HC guest needs it, one who isn't could be bumped.  Not sure how it would work if the other YIN categories are gone by that time...they tend to sell out quickly.

As for the size, they are small but doable.  The biggest irk for me is the size of the bathroom...very small...barely a one butt space.  Other than that, I love them.  They get so dark and are also very cool (a/c).

Aren't they 225 sqf? This is larger than standard veranda on Celebrity. I wouldn't call it small. Unless the size on their website is incorrect. 

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

I would suggest that if it turned out the accessible cabin was needed you “might”not be given a choice and who knows what they would do with you perhaps even putting you in a cabin outside Yacht Club but with YC privileges. I personally as I said would not take a chance. I would choose a YC Interior when one is available. They sell out fast the more people hear about them. 

What's the issue to be in a cabin outside Yacht Club but with YC privileges?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

For me I appreciate the convenience of being a few steps from YC Dining Room, YC Lounge, YC Pool/Outdoor Buffet. I am paying for YC exclusiveness. Perhaps it makes no difference to you. And to be clear, I am not saying that is what happens should anyone be bumped from the Accessible Cabin. I just wouldn’t take the chance. To each his own!

Edited by cellfree
spelling
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Aren't they 225 sqf? This is larger than standard veranda on Celebrity. I wouldn't call it small. Unless the size on their website is incorrect. 

No, they are 185 sq feet. The accessible rooms may be 225. I was referring to the regular YIN in my post. I have not stayed in an accessible room.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Part of the allure of YC is all the amenities are just steps from your cabin. If you’ve sailed in the haven on NCL and had a room outside the Haven enclave, then you may not mind. But the way YC is done on MSC, you’d be missing out by having a room outside the YC area…IMO. 

• Like 2

Part of the allure of YC is all the amenities are just steps from your cabin. If you’ve sailed in the haven on NCL and had a room outside the Haven enclave, then you may not mind. But the way YC is done on MSC, you’d be missing out by having a room outside the YC area…IMO. 

I agree.

No, they are 185 sq feet. The accessible rooms may be 225. I was referring to the regular YIN in my post. I have not stayed in an accessible room.  

Are you sure? MSC website indicates 21 sqm which is 226 sqft.

image.thumb.png.67abe0b1de40120d336391d151a8bace.png

Other sites indicate the same (226 sqft), but they probably just copied the size from MSC website.

Also, when trying to do a booking, accessible cabins don't even show, but the size shows 21 sqm.

image.png.17b8c59647fd39f6e3d7c9c85e646d05.png

Can other people confirm what's the size of YC interior regular (not assessable) cabin? 

4 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Can other people confirm what's the size of YC interior regular (not assessable) cabin? 

I can't account for the intel on MSC site but I get a lot of my information from https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/MSC-Seashore

Having stayed in a few YIN on a few different ships, I can tell you that it certainly feels like less than 200 sq ft.  But I've been wrong before. 😇

image.png.ad46aad9a688bd3cc6110fbff7c58be4.png

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I can't account for the intel on MSC site but I get a lot of my information from https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/MSC-Seashore

Having stayed in a few YIN on a few different ships, I can tell you that it certainly feels like less than 200 sq ft.  But I've been wrong before. 😇

image.png.ad46aad9a688bd3cc6110fbff7c58be4.png

Thanks!

Yes, I have seen this video. And you might be right, when you look at them side by side, the handicap does look larger.

image.png.0b9b2e3d9de4d475f16d743395a90108.png

Not a big deal. We stayed last year in Uniworld 150 sqft cabin and survived.. although it wasn't really comfortable. 185 sqft is not ideal, but manageable. We spend very little time in the cabin anyway.

btw, another argument against 19038 is that it is below pool deck, which is always a risk.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

image.png.17b8c59647fd39f6e3d7c9c85e646d

The photo/rendering on the MSC site when booking is a wheelchair accessible interior. I've noticed that and pointed out that MSC is deceiving people by leading them to believe that all Yacht Club interiors are that size.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 3