15% Discount Elite Plus for speciality restaurants

Good moring!

I recived yesterday my papers for the upcoming August cruise and saw, that now we have become Elite Plus (didn`t expected that). I checkt the benefits and saw, that we now get 15% discount for the speciality restaurants and also 15% discout for the upgrade classic to premium drinks.

I already booked a 5 nights dining package and the upgrade from classic to primium drinks.

Fine, but now _I have some questions in my mind.

The pre Cruise advantage when I booked was less than 10%.

So my questions are:

1) will celebrity post discount my bookings with the 15% extra? (rather not)

2) on the first night mostly they sell the restaurants with 20 - 30% discount, do I get extra 15%?

3) I looks like if the dining packages make no sense for me to book them in advance. My advantage is less than 10% by pre booking. On board I will recive 15% discount (Elite Plus) or are they discounting me the 15% extra on my pre bookings?

Have you any experience?

Thank you in advance

Frank

They do not give any elite plus discounts pre-cruise. You’ll get them on board. So you are probably better off canceling your five Night specialty dining package at 10% discount and just booking them on board at 15% discount

Posted (edited)

Just know that if you cancel your pre-bookings, your preferred dining time may not be available.  If you dine late, that will work for you.  Also, with pre-booked dining pkgs you can't book your dining time until on board.  When you board, it's best to go immediately to any specialty restaurant and reserve your times.

Edited by Oceangoer2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

They do not give any elite plus discounts pre-cruise. You’ll get them on board. So you are probably better off canceling your five Night specialty dining package at 10% discount and just booking them on board at 15% discount

This is not 100% correct.  To receive you Elite / Elite + discounts pre-cruise you have to call, or have your TA call, Celebrity.  You cannot do it on-line only over the phone.   

13 hours ago, vivacolonia said:

1) will celebrity post discount my bookings with the 15% extra? (rather not)

No, what you may be able to do is call Celebrity and see if they will cancel your current purchases and repurchase with your new discount. 

2) on the first night mostly they sell the restaurants with 20 - 30% discount, do I get extra 15%?

No,  You cannot stack discounts.  See with one is better and go with that. 

3) I looks like if the dining packages make no sense for me to book them in advance. My advantage is less than 10% by pre booking. On board I will recive 15% discount (Elite Plus) or are they discounting me the 15% extra on my pre bookings?

Call to receive your Elite / Elite + discount.  They have not incorporated it into the online system yet.  

Remember, if you purchase something pre-cruise with or without your discount and it becomes available at a greater discount, e.g. Flash Sale, Holiday Sale, Black Friday sale, etc.. you can cancel and repurchase at the greater discount/lower price. 

Edited by DaKahuna

The description is Discount off cover charge at specialty restaurants.  I am not sure that would be a discount off a dining package which already has a small discount as a package before they add any pre-cruise discount of 5-15%.  

Pre-cruise, they seem to have done away with the first night discounts.  I haven't seen any of those in about a year.  

The captain's club discounts don't stack with other discounts.