What's the Butler Situation?

5 hours ago, zgscl said:

Looking forward to trying this in November. I think being able to text will be a big plus, but frankly I hate calling people on the phone. It’s also probably nice because they don’t have to drop whatever they are in the middle of doing (have had many butler conversations interrupted by a phone call). I’m assuming folks who prefer to call can still do so and this is just an added feature. 

Agree. We have also been talking to the butler and his phone go…Not only does it interrupt with what he is presently doing they usually simply say, I will call you back in one minute.  Messaging should enable them to finish one thing before starting the next. Also they will be able to prioritise (room x wants drinks now, room y wants drinks at 4pm…). Another good point is it is written down so less errors, for example you can state the brand of spirit you want. Final help to the butler should be that his messages should be automatically transferred when he is on a break.

A year ago in our SS on Beyond we would order breakfast by hanging the order on the door.  Several times the butler brought it.  Maybe every time, I don’t recall.

In the Retreat how do you order breakfast now?  Through WhatsApp or through the TV?

Edited by zitsky

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

In the Retreat how do you order breakfast now?  Through WhatsApp or through the TV?

I tell the butler what we want for breakfast on the 1st day. We have the same items delivery every morning at 7am by our butler. I did not use WhatsApp on our last cruise.

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

I tell the butler what we want for breakfast on the 1st day. We have the same items delivery every morning at 7am by our butler. I did not use WhatsApp on our last cruise.

1st breakfast!