Pre-booked specialty restaurants cancellable?

My apologies If this has been answered before, but I could not find it with a search.

I am booking ( and prepaying ) for a few specialty restaurants on 2 upcoming cruises. 

Is this something I can cancel and get a refund at a later time before the cruise? If I can is there a time limit on it? 

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

Absolutely.  You can cancel if you change your mind, or if you see a lower price later and want to rebook.  I believe the last opportunity to do so through the planner is two days prior to sailing.  Once on board there certain time restrictions ( I believe 24 hours) but you can also cancel on board.

Through the planner as described will result in a credit to the CC used for the purchase.  After that deadline and on board it will be issued as an on board credit.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yes you can cancel with a full refund up until   xx hours before reservation.   Not sure they really enforce as I've seen people cancel at last minute.

I've cancelled some when a Sale came up and re-booked.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes you can cancel with a full refund up until   xx hours before reservation.   Not sure they really enforce as I've seen people cancel at last minute.

Good point.  I believe they typically say 24 hours, but as you indicate that may not always be enforced.  But as I understand it, the refund would be as an OBC.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've cancelled some when a Sale came up and re-booked.

Good reason to do so. Thank you.

On another note, I booked the eden specialty restaurant. Can one or all on the reservation pay to upgrade to the "tasting menu" option at at later time?