Grand Princess -- Elite Lounge/Suite Passengers

BettyNL

44 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

We had a penthouse suite on the Ruby to Alaska last year.  Altho no special lounge, they had a couple of special events.  There was a special drink and appetizer event that the entire upper level staff, rest. Mgr., etc. attended and went table to table to intro themselves and talk.  Really nice extra.  Maybe the grand will have something.

Yes, the Grand class ships have this event on the first formal night.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not a fan of the locations of the Vista (aft) Suites.  I prefer midship suites.  But on the Grand class ships...these are on higher decks (not good either).  The beam is not a deterrent.  The overhangs keep the deck shaded most of the day (depending of course which way the bow is facing).

Princess is moving away from double wide suites on their new ships.  They seem to prefer a longer/deeper cabin on their newer builds.  I like the double wide stateroom.  I like the separated living room from the bedroom. I like the bar sink when you enter the cabin.  I like the extra desks.  I like the separated toilet.  The walk in closet is too small and difficult to maneuver.  I wish they had a double sink in the bathroom (but I guess that accounts for the bar sink).

As you well know, I am not a fan of the larger ships.  I don't miss the concierge's suite lounge.  Even if you had it on the Grand class ships...it would be a long haul to this lounge from a Vista Suite.

This is just my opinion.  Hope it helps.  

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not a fan of the locations of the Vista (aft) Suites.  I prefer midship suites.  But on the Grand class ships...these are on higher decks (not good either).  The beam is not a deterrent.  The overhangs keep the deck shaded most of the day (depending of course which way the bow is facing).

Princess is moving away from double wide suites on their new ships.  They seem to prefer a longer/deeper cabin on their newer builds.  I like the double wide stateroom.  I like the separated living room from the bedroom. I like the bar sink when you enter the cabin.  I like the extra desks.  I like the separated toilet.  The walk in closet is too small and difficult to maneuver.  I wish they had a double sink in the bathroom (but I guess that accounts for the bar sink).

As you well know, I am not a fan of the larger ships.  I don't miss the concierge's suite lounge.  Even if you had it on the Grand class ships...it would be a long haul to this lounge from a Vista Suite.

This is just my opinion.  Hope it helps.  

Well that was weird my text disappeared. We like aft cabins and because the balcony mid ship is narrow it doesn't appeal to me. We had the aft penthouse huge wraparound balcony on Regal and only went to the conceigerge lounge twice wasn't a fan. I did love access to the Enclave though 😁.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, latebloomer56 said:

Well that was weird my text disappeared. We like aft cabins and because the balcony mid ship is narrow it doesn't appeal to me. We had the aft penthouse huge wraparound balcony on Regal and only went to the conceigerge lounge twice wasn't a fan. I did love access to the Enclave though 😁.

The Grand does not have a Thermal Spa.  Suite breakfast (2023) was at the Crown Grill.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The Grand does not have a Thermal Spa.  Suite breakfast (2023) was at the Crown Grill.  

I have seen it in both the Crown or Sabatini’s on numerous cruises. Usually in Sabatini’s but can vary

21 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have seen it in both the Crown or Sabatini’s on numerous cruises. Usually in Sabatini’s but can vary

I am only reporting where it was on MY cruises.  As you say, can vary.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You know how much I love the Grand.  I’ve got her going and coming plus some.  See you next year!

Thanks for the invite.  Going to Honolulu any time soon?

I’ve sent you an email 😃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 12:26 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I am only reporting where it was on MY cruises.  As you say, can vary.

On the Grand now and suite breakfast is in Sabatini’s 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 6:13 PM, memoak said:

On the Grand now and suite breakfast is in Sabatini’s 

Thanks, that's nice to hear. We just booked a suite for the Grand next year and I thought that breakfast had to be in the Reserve Dining area. 

Mike

1 hour ago, mef623 said:

Thanks, that's nice to hear. We just booked a suite for the Grand next year and I thought that breakfast had to be in the Reserve Dining area. 

Mike

You will have your choice if you are in a full suite. Sabatini’s is not as crowded and personal service to die for

• Like 1