Alaska 2026

Coral

5 minutes ago, peder said:

If you're booking with a spouse and you're both gold members, you could probably book two cabins, one under each of you as the lead passenger, and add your friends on as the 2nd/3rd/4th passengers.

We’ve already booked a cabin for the two of us. I can’t imagine we could book a second under one of our names again. Also, wouldn’t we receive credit for the second cabin instead of them?  

24 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

If you have cruised before, you should be able to book once you logged in. If you have not cruised on Princess before, it will be August 1st

THANK YOU! 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 6:34 PM, LACruiser88 said:

We are with your wife, after 5 Alaska cruises/trips over the years we are done with Alaska.  Now, the Med we do almost every year!  😊

Thinking of doing Med for the first time. What have you found to be the best cities to fly into from the West Coast?

9 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Thinking of doing Med for the first time. What have you found to be the best cities to fly into from the West Coast?

We prefer Barcelona or Rome.  Our first choice of flight to Rome is non-stop Business Class (BC) from LAX on ITA Airways (previously known as Alitalia).

For Barcelona, first choice is BC on Air France with a change of planes in Paris.  Lately, Air France has been offering the best mileage awards for BC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

We prefer Barcelona or Rome.  Our first choice of flight to Rome is non-stop Business Class (BC) from LAX on ITA Airways (previously known as Alitalia).

For Barcelona, first choice is BC on Air France with a change of planes in Paris.  Lately, Air France has been offering the best mileage awards for BC.

Thanks, those are the cities we had in mind for our first Med adventure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

The longer Alaska cruises are sure booking up fast for 2026!

2025 as well. Despite the prices, Alaska seems to be a hot destination. That said, we compared 7 day Seattle with 11 day SF and those extra 4 days cost surprisingly little. Practically nothing once we factored in airfare. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Z0nker said:

Thanks, those are the cities we had in mind for our first Med adventure. 

I should add that for the past many years, we book the last Med cruise of the season and add the TA back to Ft Lauderdale.  

This is a great way to rest up after busy European ports and slowly adjust to the time change.  This ends up being a 30 to 40 day voyage.

• Like 2

Hello!

Australian here!

Very keen for a may/June 2026 Alaska cruise!

1) Due to not being familiar with the area, I think a roundtrip cruise is better for our family

The itinerary and cruise that looks the best to us is on the Emerald princess. 

Anyone has thoughts on her? 

2) If we were to do a northbound cruise to Anchorage, what is the best way (affordable) getting back to Vancouver? 

3) is booking through princess website best? I usually cruise on carnival and have always used the carnival booking agent.

Thank you! 

Posted (edited)

Hi Newishcruise,

Usually for first time Alaska Cruiser, it is recommeded you do a round trip. For those who choose to sail up to Whittier either have plans to continue a land segment or spend some time in anchorage and fly out. 

Can't comment on Emerald as I have only been on Royal and Diamond. You may want to watch some youtube videos to have a better idea.

With regards to booking through Princess website or Travel Agent, I think it depends on the country you are in, how established are your cruise TAs. Where I am from (Singapore) TAs on cruises are limited and I always book direct for various cruiselines. 

Hope this bump up your question and there will be more replies.

Edited by Polarnorth04

On 7/29/2024 at 1:43 AM, Newishcruise said:

Hello!

Australian here!

Very keen for a may/June 2026 Alaska cruise!

1) Due to not being familiar with the area, I think a roundtrip cruise is better for our family

The itinerary and cruise that looks the best to us is on the Emerald princess. 

Anyone has thoughts on her? 

2) If we were to do a northbound cruise to Anchorage, what is the best way (affordable) getting back to Vancouver? 

3) is booking through princess website best? I usually cruise on carnival and have always used the carnival booking agent.

Thank you! 

I spent 15 days on the Emerald in April and 7 days last September. I like the ship and the crew was terrific. Please keep in mind that the Emerald was built before the Royal and Sun classes, so it is not as modern or as large as the newer vessels, but feels more intimate. We'll be on her sister ship Ruby for our Alaska voyage.