Please clarify two reviews I just read on July 24th about the Icon

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

What do you do if you need the sofa bed made up if there is only one time a day service?

Our steward offered to come in.  I found myself just taking care of it myself, as I don't like having the sofa take up a lot of space in the cabin when its not needed.

On 8/2/2024 at 12:41 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

What port(s) have you experienced check-in times enforced? Like I mentioned previously, I have not seen check-in times enforced in a long time. This morning at Port Everglades, like most of my recent cruises, they were not verifying check-in times and they didn’t have the separate check-in lines by time like they used to have in the early days post Covid.  I don’t remember the last time I saw separate lines based on check-in times (i.e. 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM, 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM, etc.). If you read comments on this site and other sites, you will read countless comments from people showing up way before their check-in time and not having any issues. I think it is important to post accurate information on this site and what you have posted is not consistent with what I have experienced over the last 18 plus months. 

Miami had the separate lines marked with 30min arrival times in July, but nobody was monitoring them and you could walk through any of them. It's more likely a way to keep the flow of traffic looking organized than holding people to their assigned boarding times. 

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Miami had the separate lines marked with 30min arrival times in July, but nobody was monitoring them and you could walk through any of them. It's more likely a way to keep the flow of traffic looking organized than holding people to their assigned boarding times. 

In LA I always see it enforced, at least for the 10:30 time which I always get.   I sail from there multiple times a year.   I am usually onboard the ship by 10:50.  Very well organized.  Wish all ports were this efficient.   I find Galveston to be very disorganized.

• Like 1

Just sailed icon last week. Didn’t have a great experience poor service and too crowded. 

check in was easy. Our time was 2:30 but we walked in seamlessly in about 5m at 12. 

out stateroom attendant asked when we wanted our room cleaned but he didn’t adhere to that and came in randomly throughout the week. We got towel animals 3-4 of the nights. 

towels were a nightmare. I hope we didn’t get charged. There is supposedly a fee if you don’t return them. They don’t really count how many you toss in though. We also got a towel stolen twice during the week presumably from someone who needed to return one and avoid the fee. It’s rude to charge for towels when we paid like 12K for a family of 4 in one room with a fake balcony. 

44 minutes ago, cruisers122024 said:

It’s rude to charge for towels when we paid like 12K for a family of 4 in one room with a fake balcony. 

Cabin cost doesn't usually matter when it comes to other on-board charges.