National Express timing

How long should I allow after I land in Heathrow to clear customs and get to the Nationsl Express terminal for a ride to Southampton. I had allowed two hours but just got notice of a schedule change and now have only 1hour 10 minutes. Take into account I walk slow, is this makeable?

3 hours ago, DougH said:

How long should I allow after I land in Heathrow to clear customs and get to the Nationsl Express terminal for a ride to Southampton. I had allowed two hours but just got notice of a schedule change and now have only 1hour 10 minutes. Take into account I walk slow, is this makeable?

It should be, but the big unknown is baggage reclaim which can be very hit or miss at LHR. On a bad day it’s not unknown to wait an hour for your luggage to appear. Border control is normally pretty quick as long as you have a biometric passport and are eligible to use the automated e-gates.

Have you already got your NE ticket? Did you pay the extra £5 to allow you to change it at the airport?(All terminals have an NE office in them if you need help). As gumshoe says, your two bugbears are baggage and what is happening at border control that day...customs should not be an issue. Bear in mind, if you are arriving T4 or T5, the coach stop is just outside the building. If you are at T2or3, you have a good 10 minute walk to Central Bus station to get the coach.

Simon

2 hours ago, sddsddean said:

Have you already got your NE ticket? Did you pay the extra £5 to allow you to change it at the airport?(All terminals have an NE office in them if you need help). As gumshoe says, your two bugbears are baggage and what is happening at border control that day...customs should not be an issue. Bear in mind, if you are arriving T4 or T5, the coach stop is just outside the building. If you are at T2or3, you have a good 10 minute walk to Central Bus station to get the coach.

Simon

Sadly National Express closed all their ticket offices at Heathrow during the pandemic and never reopened them. All ticketing issues now have to be resolved by phone.

I went online and moved to a later bus. I now have about 2 1/2 hours after I land. I know they have no onsite offices from past experiences and I have the longer walk to the station. I did buy the ticket that allows changes and have an extra day in Southampton before my cruise so no rush.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DougH said:

I went online and moved to a later bus. I now have about 2 1/2 hours after I land. I know they have no onsite offices from past experiences and I have the longer walk to the station. I did buy the ticket that allows changes and have an extra day in Southampton before my cruise so no rush.

Much more sensible 

JB 🙂

• Like 1

National Express Coach driver didn't check the ticket time last year. My ticket was correct but 2 others were just told to board the almost empty bus.