Having sticker shock on the price of Fort Lauderdale Hotels Feb 2025

On 8/7/2024 at 12:09 PM, blue_water said:

Yes we’ve priced the various nearby Choice hotels, BW, Comfort Suites (cruiseport and cruiseport south), and Cambria. 

The member rates for our late-March date (refundable, all taxes) are between $185 & $206. Based on WTMDR (Way Too Much Darn Research! 🤪) we’ll probably choose Cambria for our one-night pre-cruise.

Looking at a bit nicer options for our two-night post-cruise stay, but still not willing to pay over $300 all in…Prices drop in April, surprisingly…

We decided to book Best Western airport/Cruiseport for our March one-night pre-cruise. We arrive near midnight, so just looking for a “decently-reviewed” option that is close to both (and has a breakfast, which Cambria does not)…

We chose Springhill Suites for our early April post-cruise two-nighter. Based on reviews and recs looks like a nice pool, good location, breakfast, and the price is not bad, even with the Music Festival at that time.

Bot are refundable in case we find better deals (Black Friday, etc)…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have used the valuestay.com mentioned here, did you receive an email

confirmation at the time you requested a reservation?  I know I won’t get an answer as to whether I will get the dates I requested but thought I would at least get an email confirming that I had requested a reservation? 

1 hour ago, willoughbyclan said:

For those that have used the valuestay.com mentioned here, did you receive an email

confirmation at the time you requested a reservation?  I know I won’t get an answer as to whether I will get the dates I requested but thought I would at least get an email confirming that I had requested a reservation? 

The last time I used ValueTRIPS, their website gave me a formal acknowledgement of receipt of our request, and they then followed it up with an Email confirming our reservation. Only problem was that they confirmed our booking for a date that they subsequently, immediately afterward, put on their blacklist, and to this day, they have never informed me that our reservation is null and void.

• Like 1

We stayed, and are staying again in March, at the Springhill Suites on 18th in Dania Beach for precruise night.  They have a complementary shuttle from the airport, have several good sit down and a few fast food restaurants within walking distance and there’s a BJs to purchase a couple bottles of wine.  Fortunate to have Bonvoy points to cover it but I want to say it was about $189.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2024 at 6:59 PM, Suzanne123 said:

Here are some photos of AC Marriott Dania Point.

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

We’re booked here for October and again in January. The location in Dania Point, with all the restaurants and shops, was what attracted us. Thanks for the pictures!! 

14 hours ago, poocher said:

We stayed, and are staying again in March, at the Springhill Suites on 18th in Dania Beach for precruise night.  They have a complementary shuttle from the airport, have several good sit down and a few fast food restaurants within walking distance and there’s a BJs to purchase a couple bottles of wine.  Fortunate to have Bonvoy points to cover it but I want to say it was about $189.

After tons of research we just chose Springhill for our April post-cruise stay. We’re staying two nights and a decent pool was one of the things we were looking for. Reviews and photos look good, do you have any comments on the pool area?

14 hours ago, ciera123 said:

We’re booked here for October and again in January. The location in Dania Point, with all the restaurants and shops, was what attracted us. Thanks for the pictures!! 

I’ve stayed at the AC and the adjoining Marriott several times.  My only glitch was booking a “ city view” at AC one time and ending up with a view of the back of condos across the street. When they first opened, it was just an empty field. Now, everything‘s getting built up with lots of condos.
I’m booked for two nights in January. Sometimes AC is cheaper, other times Marriott, but book early. Price goes up the closer to winter.

Otherwise, very nice stays.  The pool is gorgeous. Loads of shopping.  
If you don’t want the hotel breakfast, there is a First Watch and a Two Jays a couple blocks away.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blue_water said:

After tons of research we just chose Springhill for our April post-cruise stay. We’re staying two nights and a decent pool was one of the things we were looking for. Reviews and photos look good, do you have any comments on the pool area?

We weren’t there long enough to visit the pool as I recall.  Would I book it as a destination hotel?  No, but it was clean & had both the complementary shuttle & breakfast and was clean, perfectly fine for a night or two.

4 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

I’ve stayed at the AC and the adjoining Marriott several times.  My only glitch was booking a “ city view” at AC one time and ending up with a view of the back of condos across the street. When they first opened, it was just an empty field. Now, everything‘s getting built up with lots of condos.
I’m booked for two nights in January. Sometimes AC is cheaper, other times Marriott, but book early. Price goes up the closer to winter.

Otherwise, very nice stays.  The pool is gorgeous. Loads of shopping.  
If you don’t want the hotel breakfast, there is a First Watch and a Two Jays a couple blocks away.

Thanks so much! 

3 hours ago, poocher said:

We weren’t there long enough to visit the pool as I recall.  Would I book it as a destination hotel?  No, but it was clean & had both the complementary shuttle & breakfast and was clean, perfectly fine for a night or two.

Yes this is just a decent place to hang for a couple days at a decent price. Another couple has stayed there often and recommend it for the location and the pool, and the price…

thanks

• Like 1

Thanks to all for such great info.  Good suggestions to check out.  Also Canadian so yup the exchange is a killer!

I am also looking for a hotel pre-cruise sept. 21 & after cruise on Oct. 14th.   Our flight out on 14th is at 6:55 a.m.   Will we have an issue getting a shuttle to airport at that time? and breakfast won't be required.

NJ

19 hours ago, Janedoe2012 said:

Check out Hyatt Place on Valuetrips website. 

https://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

ok - looks good.  is this a non-refundable price? but they ask for your credit card info. has anyone had issues with this if cancelling booking?

says airport shuttle from 7 a.m.-10 pm.  I need a shuttle to airport at approx. 5 a.m. for a 7 a.m. flight.

is this early shuttle time going to be a problem at most hotels?  will I need to use a taxi instead of free shuttle?

Thanks to all. 

NJ 

Valuetrips doesn’t apply a charge to your credit card. The reservation will be with Hyatt and viewable on their website. You can cancel up to 48 hours before and no penalty.

It took about 3 days for Valuetrips to confirm the reservation.

As far as shuttle times, I suggest you email the hotel. We used Uber to get from FLL to the hotel and it was less then $20.

FLLZA-Guest.Services.HP.Ft.Laud.17th.St.Convention@hyatt.com

1 hour ago, Janedoe2012 said:

Valuetrips doesn’t apply a charge to your credit card. The reservation will be with Hyatt and viewable on their website. You can cancel up to 48 hours before and no penalty.

It took about 3 days for Valuetrips to confirm the reservation.

As far as shuttle times, I suggest you email the hotel. We used Uber to get from FLL to the hotel and it was less then $20.

FLLZA-Guest.Services.HP.Ft.Laud.17th.St.Convention@hyatt.com

thanks so much for the info.  did you use the shuttle to or from the airport?

NJ

We only took the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. Shuttle company Hyatt uses had nice clean modern vans and driver was very good. 
The front desk staff were on the ball organizing transportation for the airport and cruiseport so I am sure they will give you some good options. 

Just now, Janedoe2012 said:

We only took the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. Shuttle company Hyatt uses had nice clean modern vans and driver was very good. 
The front desk staff were on the ball organizing transportation for the airport and cruiseport so I am sure they will give you some good options. 

will call tomorrow to check but reviews on booking.com say the airport shuttle is a "paid" service - no free shuttle.  thought most hotels provided this shuttle complimentary?

see that you're in Niagara falls.  we have flown out of Niagara airport a number of times.  stayed overnight near airport but those prices have gone way up too. & now mega bus no longer runs to Toronto.  don't think they want us Canucks flying from Buffalo!

NJ

11 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

will call tomorrow to check but reviews on booking.com say the airport shuttle is a "paid" service - no free shuttle.  thought most hotels provided this shuttle complimentary?

see that you're in Niagara falls.  we have flown out of Niagara airport a number of times.  stayed overnight near airport but those prices have gone way up too. & now mega bus no longer runs to Toronto.  don't think they want us Canucks flying from Buffalo!

NJ

Buffalo was great but unfortunately Southwest doesn’t fly direct to Miami/ FLL anymore.

Hamilton was super cheap but Westjets only Florida destination is Orlando.

Enjoy your cruise out of Fort Lauderdale!

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

not really.

You are better off getting a taxi or an uber, especially this early.

I just booked Hyatt with ValueTrips. haven't heard back yet.  They use Avanti shuttle service - $8 pp to airport & $9 pp to cruise port.  Service to airport starts at 5 a.m. which works for us.

Looks like you can take a bus from FLL airport to hotel - so just may try this.  we get in early enough. rather than hang around for a shuttle.

NJ