What Airline Does HAL Work With Going Into AMS

On 7/26/2024 at 7:49 AM, mark46 said:

We do want business/first class.

I've noticed that jetblue mint service is about 1/2 of the cost of other business/first class.  It would be a plus if HAL worked with them.  IN any case, the information here will certainly help.

I would just book via JetBlue and add on the wheelchair assistance through them if you find a flight at the price you want to pay. You can add just the transfer or the hotel and transfer via HAL, if you want it.

I suspect you'd need to add on the wheelchair assistance via JetBlue even if booked through FlightEase or, at least, I'd want to make sure it was there via the airline I planned to use.

8 hours ago, WriterOnDeck said:

Au contraire. I just checked and American still isn't offered. Several months ago my travel agent, who knows many people in Seattle HQ, tried to get it for me, as American is the only airline serving the city I would be traveling from on the 2025 World, and we get FE credit as a benefit. No budging. Sigh.

The backtrack was only a week or so ago. Flight ease should be getting it back up.  If not register a complaint 

46 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The backtrack was only a week or so ago. Flight ease should be getting it back up.  If not register a complaint 

If Flight Ease choses not to work with AA, that is up to FE. If AA is going to play hardball with operations like FE, then certainly FE doesn't have to play with them

4 hours ago, maraena said:

I would just book via JetBlue and add on the wheelchair assistance through them if you find a flight at the price you want to pay. You can add just the transfer or the hotel and transfer via HAL, if you want it.

I suspect you'd need to add on the wheelchair assistance via JetBlue even if booked through FlightEase or, at least, I'd want to make sure it was there via the airline I planned to use.

We never use any cruise line shuttles anymore. Too expensive and we hate riding in 30+ passenger buses at their schedules. We use either local Ubers or private transfers with companies like Welcome Pickups. Last year HAL wanted $79pp for the shuttle from the ship Civitavecchia to the Rome airport after our cruise. We booked a private van with Welcome Pickups for our group of 4 for $135 total and the van was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We also Welcome Pickups for our transfers from the airport to our Rome Hotel and then to the ship in Civitavecchia pre cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We never use any cruise line shuttles anymore. Too expensive and we hate riding in 30+ passenger buses at their schedules. We use either local Ubers or private transfers with companies like Welcome Pickups. Last year HAL wanted $79pp for the shuttle from the ship Civitavecchia to the Rome airport after our cruise. We booked a private van with Welcome Pickups for our group of 4 for $135 total and the van was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We also Welcome Pickups for our transfers from the airport to our Rome Hotel and then to the ship in Civitavecchia pre cruise.

Yeah, we never use the shuttles or the hotels either but I can understand folks who want that security when they're in a new place. I find public transportation to be quite good in Europe, in particular, so we gravitate towards that. Our last cruise out of Civitavecchia, we just took the train. Super quick, super easy.

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If Flight Ease choses not to work with AA, that is up to FE. If AA is going to play hardball with operations like FE, then certainly FE doesn't have to play with them

As I indicated AA learned their lesson and backtracked the policy.  

On 7/28/2024 at 9:51 AM, CruiserBruce said:

I get that. But AA doesn't have to give rates to FE that FE can work with.

Being at the hub we do get some.  It is always good for us to check. We have often gotten decent deals until this escapade