La Cuccina Restaurant

10 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Small portions?  So, it's like P.F. Chang's?   😄   

My service for lunch at Chibang on the Mardi Gras was GREAT...and I'll point out that I got there JUST in time for lunch on the last day.  I hate arriving at a restaurant within a half-hour of closing -- in this case, closing for that entire sailing -- but the staff couldn't have been nicer.  And of course the stir-fry was one of the best meals I had during that cruise, which is saying a lot.

My only caveat was that neither the Cucina nor Chibang were open for lunch on embark day on MG.  We arrived at Cucina right after muster and first-drinks at a bar, with visions of pasta bowls dancing in our heads...and were brutally disappointed.  

We survived tho. 😄  

Amazing what we have to put up with.😝

The food pics look good!  We will definitely give lunch a try at JiJis and Cucina on Vista.  We will go to JiJis for dinner also.  Still waiting for a menu of Cucina to see if dinner is in our future.  Surprised that a menu hasn't been posted.

Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2024 at 6:00 PM, RoperDK said:

The food pics look good!  We will definitely give lunch a try at JiJis and Cucina on Vista.  We will go to JiJis for dinner also.  Still waiting for a menu of Cucina to see if dinner is in our future.  Surprised that a menu hasn't been posted.

Maybe here:  https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/cucina-del-capitano-menu.pdf  

On GoCCL, it says that's the menu for all ships, whether Excel-class or not.  

Edited by Pellaz
clarifying ships
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2024 at 7:12 PM, staceyglow said:

And I can promise you that unless you have an extraordinary appetite, you will not leave hungry. 

Not a big eater here, but I wanted more.   Was still a nice dinner, but would have like a bit more....especially the dessert.

**edit**  Also seems like I ordered Eggplant Parm, but it didn't come with noodles.  Seems like another person at my table ordered something and no noodles either.  Sort of strange.

Edited by jeblack1
updated post

14 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Maybe here:  https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/cucina-del-capitano-menu.pdf  

On GoCCL, it says that's the menu for all ships, whether Excel-class or not.  

I do believe that is the main (non Excel) Cucina menu!  It has more selections and upgraded options than what we had on Mardi Gras.  I hope someone that has eaten on Excel class recently can share whether all of the options here were on their sailings.  If they were, then the Excel class menu has been expanded and that is good news. 

1 hour ago, jeblack1 said:

Not a big eater here, but I wanted more.   Was still a nice dinner, but would have like a bit more....especially the dessert.

**edit**  Also seems like I ordered Eggplant Parm, but it didn't come with noodles.  Seems like another person at my table ordered something and no noodles either.  Sort of strange.

None of the mains come with pasta-but you can order some.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

None of the mains come with pasta-but you can order some.

We did figure that out, but i don't think it was mentioned on the menu when we ordered, which is why it was a surprise.  The menu also didn't say it included pasta, I just assumed it did.

Just now, jeblack1 said:

We did figure that out, but i don't think it was mentioned on the menu when we ordered, which is why it was a surprise.  The menu also didn't say it included pasta, I just assumed it did.

We assumed the same when we ordered.  I then asked for a side of pasta and i was finished with my chicken parm before they brought it.  lol

The first time we had dinner at Cucina on Mardi Gras, I ordered chicken parmesan. The server did tell me it didn't come with pasta and asked if I wanted a side of it. During subsequent visits to Cucina, no one ever offered that info again. Of course, I already knew to order pasta if I wanted it, but a lot of others wouldn't know that. A couple times when I ordered both, the chicken was so big and there was so much pasta, I couldn't finish it all. I asked for a side but got a full entrée size dish of pasta instead. 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, hapytobehr said:

We assumed the same when we ordered.  I then asked for a side of pasta and i was finished with my chicken parm before they brought it.  lol

That actually happened to me once as well, but I'd ordered both at the same time. 😂

On 8/4/2024 at 5:00 PM, RoperDK said:

Saint Greg has menus from the Jubilee which is an Excel class.  You can find it here.  Just scroll down to you find the Cucina menu:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-jubilee-food-menus/

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2024 at 5:23 PM, Knights on the Beach said:

Below are lunch pictures from Cucina del Capitano on both Vista and Mardi Gras.

Mardi Gras (2022)

PXL_20220317_170543492(1).thumb.jpg.f712c7f443ca51da67c1813fc22ce253.jpg

Stupid question: They have Fried Mozzarella Sticks on the Lunch Menu?