Queen Anne July 28 -14 day Mediterranean Circuit - Live from … Maybe…

westcoasttech

16 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

I wasn't bothered by the lack of a bookshop on QA until disaster struck this morning. My Kindle refused to charge! It's down to 38% and I have a long coach journey tomorrow, possibly with no reading material!

I've left it plugged in at the purser's office, in the hope that it's just my cable that's faulty, not the Kindle itself.

Oh no! Fingers crossed for your Kindle! Is there an area in the library where people leave books when they’re finished? (Not the library’s; their own.) Maybe you could check there as a backup plan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Oh no! Fingers crossed for your Kindle! Is there an area in the library where people leave books when they’re finished? (Not the library’s; their own.) Maybe you could check there as a backup plan.

There is, or was, quite a large stash of passenger left books in the library in July.

I added to it with the book I brought on a just in case basis.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Did you assess the scones?

With the aid of my table companions, I assessed four scones - two plain and two fruit. They were distinctly irregular this time. Mine was positively lopsided!

Still delicious, though!

I'm currently assessing the Chart Room's cocktails.

Edited by Clewgarnet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Clewgarnet said:

I wasn't bothered by the lack of a bookshop on QA until disaster struck this morning. My Kindle refused to charge! It's down to 38% and I have a long coach journey tomorrow, possibly with no reading material!

I've left it plugged in at the purser's office, in the hope that it's just my cable that's faulty, not the Kindle itself.

Did you have shorts or a tee shirt with you but not spare Kindle cables? 🤣🤣🤣

Having asked that my wife uses Kobo, and we have Kobo apps on both of our phones. In practice she only gets time to read on the flights between Nice and Heathrow.

Edit: assessing the Chart Room's cocktails is a much more productive pastime!

Edited by D&N
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone that was on this one successfully claimed missed port cover form their insurance? Holiday extras rejected my claim due to the issue being technical and not either weather or timetable related. My argument that the technical issue caused a timetable problem seems to have fallen on deaf ears so far. Very annoying. 

1 hour ago, steeler33 said:

Has anyone that was on this one successfully claimed missed port cover form their insurance? Holiday extras rejected my claim due to the issue being technical and not either weather or timetable related. My argument that the technical issue caused a timetable problem seems to have fallen on deaf ears so far. Very annoying. 

Nationwide have paid mine out. 

• Like 1