Icy Strait Adventure Park Ropes Course

gvgseg

How long does it take to get to the Ropes Course from the Cruise dock? Do you need to take the gondola to get to it? Our ship arrives at 1:30. Is 2:15 entry time doable or would 3:00 be better?

The ropes course is very close to the docks.  If you are at the dock furthest west, it's a very short walk.  If you are east at the Wilderness Landing dock, you'll either need to take the gondola or walk the trail to get to it.  Just in case you are at the eastern dock, I would book 3:00 to be on the safe side.

We are docking at Wilderness. I am just trying to figure out how much time is needed to get off ship, get to ropes course, do the ropes course, explore a little bit and then be back on ship in time for 6:00 dinner.

As @Aquahound said, everything in ISP is fairly close.  You will have plenty of time to get there.

FYI, if there is a report of a bear sighting, the rope course will be closed.  I have been to ISP in '23 and earlier this year, and the ropes course has been closed both times.

Posted (edited)

We ended up booking tickets for the 3:00 ($20/ticket discount for online advance purchase compared to buying onsite!). We walked the Nature Trail and got to the ropes course around 2:15. They let us join the 2:15 group and it all worked out perfectly.

Edited by gvgseg

Is the rope course the one right along the green gondola? We have been to ISP twice and never saw anybody doing it. I almost thought it was a deserted project.

On 8/6/2024 at 1:14 AM, mkkao924 said:

Is the rope course the one right along the green gondola? We have been to ISP twice and never saw anybody doing it. I almost thought it was a deserted project.

Yes.