Excursion refunds?

Posted (edited)

Has anyone had to cancel a ships excursion that they prepaid for before departure? The website says you will get a refund if your cancellation is more than 24 hours before time of excursion. It also says that to refund will be applied to the onboard account in the shipboard currency.

Does this mean that even if  it was paid for it with a credit card or check the refund will only be given as ship board credit?

Edited by Lenbro1944
Title

I was given euros in cash on the last day for the OBC received that was in reference to excursion issues. I paid before the cruise in USD and when on board the amount listed was in euros and was LESS than what I paid in USD. They did credit me, but it was a shipboard credit refundable only in euros. I still have the euros. lol. Hoping to use them on my next EJ II sailing. 

• Like 1

As it was explained to us.  They have no procedure to transfer it back to your credit card.

It is on your account.  Either spend it or take it in cash in Euro's on the last day.

31 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

As it was explained to us.  They have no procedure to transfer it back to your credit card.

It is on your account.  Either spend it or take it in cash in Euro's on the last day.

Other lines using the same software have no problems refunding it to the card you use at check in to support onboard spending. The refund is in the currency of the ship and the foreign exchange is handled by your card provider 

• Like 1