Specialty dining question for Platinum with 3 people in stateroom

Specialty dining question…traveling on a 7 day cruise 2 adults and a teenager. We are Platinum members so passengers 1 and 2 get 2 FAS dining and 2 more dining for being Platinum. My question is if we only do 2 specialty restaurants can my teenager use my Platinum vouchers at each restaurant? (And yes I understand I’ll be losing the value at each restaurant as I know it’s a meal for 2 people and each voucher can not be split)
Any suggestions on the best way to include our teenager at specialty dining without paying extra. 
TIA

8 minutes ago, Dudi76 said:

Specialty dining question…traveling on a 7 day cruise 2 adults and a teenager. We are Platinum members so passengers 1 and 2 get 2 FAS dining and 2 more dining for being Platinum. My question is if we only do 2 specialty restaurants can my teenager use my Platinum vouchers at each restaurant? (And yes I understand I’ll be losing the value at each restaurant as I know it’s a meal for 2 people and each voucher can not be split)
Any suggestions on the best way to include our teenager at specialty dining without paying extra. 
TIA

The Platinum vouchers are supposed to be used by the Platinum member. 

Dinner 1: Guest 1: FAS, Guest 2: Plat + Son

Dinner 2: Guest 2: FAS, Guest 1: Plat + Son

Dinner 3: Guest 1 and Guest 2: FAS + Son paying cash or going to Buffet

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Our son has been on all the cruises with us but I’m not sure if they classify him as platinum status since he isn’t an adult. 
Thank you for the advice. I never thought of splitting up the dinners that way. 

Edited by Dudi76

I have seen Platinum people give them to others to use.  They did go to sign the bill.  Not sure if it depends on the personnel or if that is fleet wide.

2 hours ago, Dudi76 said:

We will be on the Bliss. In which SD restaurant can we use 2 FAS and order enough food to share with our son?

Technically you can do this in no specialty restaurant.  Sharing is specifically specified as not being allowed.  You way be able to use a dining credit at Food Republic which entitles you to four items, and share in that way.  But again this is technically not allowed and YMMV.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dudi76 said:

We will be on the Bliss. In which SD restaurant can we use 2 FAS and order enough food to share with our son?

As has been said, technically sharing is not allowed. They may let you do it anyway. But in for example Food Republic I suppose the teen can order something cheap(ish) and the three of you can share that and the 4x2 items of the other two.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dudi76 said:

So food republic allows you to order 8 items with FAS how about Los Lobos?

Generally speaking you're allowed: one starter, one main dish, side(s), and dessert!  YMMV

1 hour ago, Dudi76 said:

So food republic allows you to order 8 items with FAS how about Los Lobos?

Your son will still need to order one item at FR in order to share. We tried using the one FAS voucher to get 4 items and split last month and it was no longer allowed. So we had 5 items to share with me paying for my one item (it was $9).

This is not allowed in Los Lobos but again, if your son ordered one item, he could probably share some of your food.

12 hours ago, gizfish said:

Technically you can do this in no specialty restaurant.  Sharing is specifically specified as not being allowed.  You way be able to use a dining credit at Food Republic which entitles you to four items, and share in that way.  But again this is technically not allowed and YMMV.  

What Bird has mentioned is perfectly fine, as platinum latitudes get 2 specialty dinners for two. There is no mention of who the second person has to be and it is not considered sharing. Solo travelers met other solos all the time and use their latitude dinners for both people even if only one has the dinners.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ETski said:

With platinum status and using our specialty dining is service charge added?

No but we always tip the servers what a typical tip would be in a land based restaurant based on the amount of what the bill was if we paid for it.

On 7/28/2024 at 7:46 PM, BirdTravels said:

We did exactly this in February (except it was all adults 🙂 ) and it worked great.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ETski said:

With platinum status and using our specialty dining is service charge added?

Your Free at Sea dining already has the service charge added when you book your cruise. Your Platinum latitudes vouchers do not incur a service charge. Leaving a gratuity is at your discretion. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

We spent many years travelling in a similar situation to the OP, with two adults (platinum) and our teeenage son with no status (even though he qualifies as diamond).

Most times we would just buy him a dining package for the same number of meals as we had through free at sea and latitudes, but on a few occasions we got him a smaller package and split the platinum vouchers as suggested earlier. Never had any problem, and as far as I can tell it is within the rules. That doesn’t mean that an individual server may have a different interpretation, so just be prepared in case.

With regard to sharing food republic etc, until recently this used to be generally allowed, but that has changed fairly recently and the expectation now would be that they won’t allow people to share one package. The suggestion above of the third person buying one dish is fairly likely to work though (although I suspect not guaranteed).

So my parents will get the 2 platinum

dinners. Plus the two we get with our package. My husband and I in a different cabin will just get the 2 package dinings. 

can we done speciality 3 times with them using both clinchers and taking me as mom’s guest and husband as dad’s guest? If not, we’ll just buy an extra 2 night package but I’d rather not

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, conandrob240 said:

So my parents will get the 2 platinum

dinners. Plus the two we get with our package. My husband and I in a different cabin will just get the 2 package dinings. 

can we done speciality 3 times with them using both clinchers and taking me as mom’s guest and husband as dad’s guest? If not, we’ll just buy an extra 2 night package but I’d rather not

So try this:
Parent 1  1st FAS;  You  1st FAS;  Parent 2 uses Platinum and invites Husband

Parent 2  1st FAS;   Husband 1st FAS;  Parent 1 uses Platinum and invites you

Parent 1 2nd FAS;  Parent 2  2nd FAS;  You 2nd FAS;  Husband 2nd FAS

There technically is a small (to me) difference in what is included in the FAS vs the Platinum meals - I think it has to do with appetizer and / or salad??  Maybe one gets both and one gets only one??  I think the FAS meals allow more so I would do the meals with the Platinum at fixed price if you are doing any of those (Teppanyaki, Moderno)

Edited by DorothyB

My question was simpler. Is it okay for a parent to each use a certificate with me and/or husband as their guests?

I don’t really care about  maximizing appetizers or salads. Just whether they allow it and how.

So, are you saying that we’ll have to use the certificates separately in this response? Like we couldn’t all use up our FAS then the 3rd meal just use the two certificates? Again don’t care about salads or apps, just whether it’s allowed

1 hour ago, conandrob240 said:

My question was simpler. Is it okay for a parent to each use a certificate with me and/or husband as their guests?

I don’t really care about  maximizing appetizers or salads. Just whether they allow it and how.

So, are you saying that we’ll have to use the certificates separately in this response? Like we couldn’t all use up our FAS then the 3rd meal just use the two certificates? Again don’t care about salads or apps, just whether it’s allowed

I think they only mentioned the number of appetisers etc in case that would have been a factor. If it isn’t then just ignore that.

their solution is the easiest though. Yours has a flaw in that this is in the T&Cs for the latitudes meals:

Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 

How well this is policed seems typically variable, but I’d have thought that trying to use them both in the same venue at the same time is most likely to draw attention to the issue.