LIVE from the Scarlet Lady 8/4-8/11

After a crazy LONG flight, we just landed at DFW. Taxi-ing now. The flight to Madrid was delayed 25 minutes so we had to run to custom and run to the gate. Barely made it. The 10.5 hours was hard in this seat. I watched “Anyone but you” and the “The Regime”. It was really good. Hot meal was chicken and spinach with corn. Also had a potato salad and a caramel mousse. It was all pretty lousy. Snacks were olives & Gouda with crackers. Then cold meal was a turkey sandwich. I slept maybe an hour. There were kids screaming and jumping and I got stepped on, bumped, etc. 

Overall, I’d skip Iberia unless I just couldn’t avoid them. 
thanks for all the well wishes & I’ll do a recap and answer more questions tomorrow. 

IMG_8365.jpeg

IMG_8366.jpeg

IMG_8367.jpeg

IMG_8369.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

It’s a whole easier to get on the parking shuttle without suitcases. 🙄 Iberia says they will be on tomorrow’s flight. Then we can drive back down here or they can deliver them to us… and they will. 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, gambler said:

So sorry,not the way to end the trip, but sounds like at least they know where they are.

Just a slight inconvenience. Could be way worse… could have happened on the way there or even worse than that. We made it safely and if that’s the worst thing that happened, it’s all good. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

I could not sleep so I read through your whole live thread this evening (Morning).  It was a great way to pass some time.  I've only been on one VV cruise, and I thought it was kinda meh...  Except for Slam Allen, he rocks.
Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s a whole easier to get on the parking shuttle without suitcases. 🙄 Iberia says they will be on tomorrow’s flight. Then we can drive back down here or they can deliver them to us… and they will. 

Oh no! Glad you made it home safe.

Edited by Sherry84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Just a slight inconvenience. Could be way worse… could have happened on the way there or even worse than that. We made it safely and if that’s the worst thing that happened, it’s all good. 

But did the bag o bulls make it?

• Haha 12

10 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I feel the same way. I worry so much about my bags on the way there and usually do "carry on only" for that reason. However, on the way home, it's like "See ya. You are totally replaceable!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SaltyWater said:

I could not sleep so I read through your whole live thread this evening (Morning).  It was a great way to pass some time.  I've only been on one VV cruise, and I thought it was kinda meh...  Except for Slam Allen, he rocks.
Thank you!

Slam Allen was great. We sailed with them our second VV. 

• Like 3

I had some WILD dreams last night. Catching up on work stuff, detoxing off cheese and taking the kids to their things today. I’ll get my final thoughts together, and recap after. The jet lag struggle is real. 

• Like 18

On 8/4/2024 at 5:17 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s actually a good mix. Just spoke to a couple from Glasgow. But I’ve seen several couples from our plane from DFW. The roll call is a huge mix. 

I live very close to Glasgow. I have 60 days until I sail on my first Virgin ship.

• Like 2

Recap:

I still really LOVE Virgin Voyages. From the ship spaces to the crew and food, it’s growing more & more to be my happy place. 
Barcelona: Amazing city! Glad we spent 2 days there. It exceeded my expectations, and I would go back in a heartbeat. 
Marseilles & Cannes: the lows of the trip. Great things to see, but it just wasn’t what I was expecting for France. 
Mallorca: beautiful water, beaches and coves. Great excursion after some waiting. If the construction by the port ever finishes up… it will be much better. 
Ibiza: amazing time! I would do it again exactly the same… but get my own balcony. 
cruise overall- great food & service. With it being our 5th sailing, some of the things, I just didn’t wanna do again. The pj party, skipped it to listen to music. And I didn’t miss it. Scarlet night was probably my favorite one yet. It was lit and so much fun. I think the food, overall, was the best we’ve had on Virgin. Every restaurant was more efficient than usual, except The Wake. The Dock is always amazing yet I hate how busy it has become. I was pleasantly surprised by Risky Quizness. This isn’t your Carnival or Royal trivia game. It was fun, interactive, and lively. It’s my new MUST GO TO event. Service had its highs and lows, but overall, the highs overtake the lows. The app, as always, had some problems like missed notifications. But that is what it is. Loved being able to get a sail away, Ibiza tattoo. 
This itinerary is not my favorite. In fact, of the 5, it’s probably my least favorite that I’ve done with Greek Island glow being first, but I love being in Europe and sailing Virgin. 
I would not fly Iberia ever again. I will fly American again. 
Thank you all once again for coming along with me and for all the birthday wishes. I apologize for “getting lost” on Scarlet night and for the bush incident in Barcelona. 
As always, if you have any questions, let me know. And if you are sailing soon give Laura and Criss the Spark a BIG HUG from me!! 
Sea you all soon!! 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

I admit did not read your BCN part. A great city.

I am sorry you did not enjoy Cannes.. depending on where ship docked there are so many great pre planned day trips from there. I was there in June Abd did several trips. The real France besides Paris are the towns closer too.

i been ok on Iberia but not in back of plane. But in a wheelchair due to a fall.

Food was good. Had American forget to load my suitcases in June..yes I had enough time at connection. I try hard to sleep in connecting cities  which has shown me new cities.

About to do my 3D Virgin cruise this time alone.That will help in one way..skipping the PJ party and the Manor. I much rather listen to live music, never had a problem at the dock. 
The one hung you never mention is the spa area which is great.Maybe next time you will try it.

• Like 1