Boarding Passes no longer show boarding times... looking for thoughts on when to head to the port

kstrittm

All, I'm traveling on the Majestic from Seattle this Sunday (August 4).  She is going to depart at 3pm.  I'm a tad confused about when to go to the port for embarkation.  As always, I suspect the main crowd issue will be passing through security first.  I have my medallion, green lane boarding pass, so it's a breeze once I get through security.

What are your thoughts about this?  Some people say to arrive early (before the masses); others say to wait until after the initial rush.  Timing is everything, and I don't have the best luck!  I typically end up in the massive crush, even when I try to avoid it.

If a ship departs at 3pm, what time does the port open for embarkation?  If I go early, that will be the time to arrive.  If I go late, I'm thinking 2 hours after they open.  

This is my 35th cruise - you would think I'd have this locked down by now!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

we show up at 9:00a in PE - try to get on as soon as possible.

they show up at 1:00 waiting for the crowds to be gone

there are no boarding passes / times anymore

The only way to beat the crush is to get to the Port early, well before boarding begins.

Or, wait until after lunch, when the crush is over.

Depending on the Port.  We have arrived at 9:30.. go right thru, and just have a seat and wait for boarding to be called.   We enjoy getting onboard before everything is over-run.  And, getting everything settled and ready for the cruise.

Boarding will begin that morning, at the usual time...  A departure earlier than 4:00 or 5:00 o'clock does not mean and earlier boarding time.   As they have to have all guest on the ship from the previous sailing disembark, clear the ship, and then when everything is ready, boarding can begin.

Arrive anytime between around 9:30 and 1pm. Personally I don't let any crowds bother me. Cabins may not be ready until sometime after noon. You may or may not be able to drop stuff off in the cabin. Depends on the ship' practice.