Pre-ordering Veg/Indian with Anytime Dining question

I know that if I want to order from the Vegetarian/Vegan/Indian menu for dinner, I must place my order the day before. How does that work if I was to eat in the buffet one night, but the dining room the next night? Does it matter if I have a set time, or can I do this for Anytime Dining as well?

Recently on the Oostradam, you didn't need to order the night before....just order from your waiter. That's probably just that ship, but not sure.  You have to know there's a menu and ask for it in any case.  You certainly can order it the night before for fixed or anytime dining.  BTW, it's a very good option.

You only need to order the night before if you have an allergy that means the kitchen would have to prepare a special version of a dish for you. If that’s not the case all you need to do is ask your dining room waiter for the other menus, not in advance.

8 hours ago, Musigurl said:

I know that if I want to order from the Vegetarian/Vegan/Indian menu for dinner, I must place my order the day before. How does that work if I was to eat in the buffet one night, but the dining room the next night? Does it matter if I have a set time, or can I do this for Anytime Dining as well?

I would order the night before, it's easy to do.

10 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I feel silly asking this, but how do I ask for these menus? Do I just if there are Indian options available?

Just ask your waiter each evening since to see the menus - they change each day in 7-Day cycles starting from the first day of your cruise.  You can always put the menus on your phone to keep them handy.

One of the benefits of CC is having fellow members seeking answers to questions while onboard to help other CC members in their planning.

• Thanks 2

If you eat elsewhere one night and the next night in the MDR, you can pop down to the MDR during open hours the evening before to get a copy of the menu and make your selections.  You'll have to mark it with your name, cabin number, diet info (like low sodium), if any, and table number/first or second seating if in fixed dining.  I am not familiar with how it works in open seating.

Just last night, I was in the PG and they brought tonight's MDR menu for me to make my selection.

Posted (edited)

Thank to all who replied. So, if I eat in the buffet, I should stop by the MDR and choose for the following night? Or.......if I just want to order from the Indian menu, I don't need to do so ahead of time, just on the spot?

Edited by Musigurl

On 8/1/2024 at 4:40 PM, Crew News said:

On my last two cruises this year, I have verified with the Maitre'd that you can order from the Indian Menus on the spot.

Oohhhh.....that's really good to know! Thank you 🙂