Haven dining question

2 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Ok, just came back from cruise.  we didn't stop by Haven restaurant at lunch--- Ate at the Local which worked out fine for us.  At dinner at Haven restaurant,  my husband just asked our server if the chef would mind just serving the salmon from lunch today.  Waiter came back and said the chef didn't mind at all.  So he did receive the salmon after all. David (my husband) said it was very good.  and that was that.

Thank you for reporting back as promised.  Glad you guys got your salmon for lunch.  

So what did you think of the Haven and the Haven restaurant.

• Like 1

Staff was wonderful.  Ship is too big for us though.  Food was very good all over- Entertainment was great  We have been on the Jewel and Pride of America in regular balcony staterooms, which at he time was just fine for us.  But I think if we did take another NCL cruise, we would do the spa cabin again, even though it was a bit of a schlep on Bliss to walk to Haven proper each time. I think on the smaller ships without the razzle and dazzle, may be the walk won't be as far. (If they have spa cabins?)   The elevator "dance" was a bit much.  "Once you go Haven, you don't go back" according to concierge--I think I agree with that.  Anita

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Staff was wonderful.  Ship is too big for us though.  Food was very good all over- Entertainment was great  We have been on the Jewel and Pride of America in regular balcony staterooms, which at he time was just fine for us.  But I think if we did take another NCL cruise, we would do the spa cabin again, even though it was a bit of a schlep on Bliss to walk to Haven proper each time. I think on the smaller ships without the razzle and dazzle, may be the walk won't be as far. (If they have spa cabins?)   The elevator "dance" was a bit much.  "Once you go Haven, you don't go back" according to concierge--I think I agree with that.  Anita

Spa cabins have been re-categorized. They no longer exist in the Haven. 

16 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Good to hear you enjoyed it.  While a less than "Haven experience" pops up every once in a while, generally speaking, NCL is still tops when offering a more luxury experience aboard a mainstream cruise line.

Your experience bears that out.  The Epic, Breakaway (+) and Prima classes are the ships that are the heart of what NCL Haven cruising really entails.  The Jewel Class Haven is small and doesn't have the Haven Lounge/Bar/Restaurant.  The Spirit Class has no Haven, at all.

The Haven Restaurant truly is a special dining venue on board the ship (and equals or exceeds anything else on the other Premium experiences on other main stream cruise lines).  As you experienced, if they can do something to appeal to you, they will do their level best to accommodate.  Bartenders and Waitstaff are generally the best in the fleet.  Their service and knowledge are a step above.

Concierges are the heart of the Haven experience.  Overall regarding their abilities to accommodate....If they can, they will.

Epic has a LARGE Haven.  Having sailed it last year, it's also one of the best in the fleet.  Behind the Epic are the Breakaway/Getaway Havens.  Prima Haven was quite nice, but lacked the special ambiance of the Breakaway/Getaway Havens.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Epic has a LARGE Haven.  Having sailed it last year, it's also one of the best in the fleet.  Behind the Epic are the Breakaway/Getaway Havens.  Prima Haven was quite nice, but lacked the special ambiance of the Breakaway/Getaway Havens.

I’ve only sailed Haven on the Epic, but I would recommend it. If we sail Epic again, it will be Haven.

Two reasons:

1) we were satisfied with the Haven overall

2) some people hate the weird non-Haven suite layouts. Sailing Haven eliminates that issue.

Just now, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I’ve only sailed Haven on the Epic, but I would recommend it. If we sail Epic again, it will be Haven.

Two reasons:

1) we were satisfied with the Haven overall

2) some people hate the weird non-Haven suite layouts. Sailing Haven eliminates that issue.

Funny because the Haven penthouse has quirky issues too.  We had a curtain for a bathroom door.  The phone is in the bathroom.  The circular bed many did not like because only one person could walk around it at a time.  Don't think they still are circular these days.  The lighting and switches hard to find like the other cabins.  No real night stands.

It was beautiful.  But one quirky room.  I liked it though.

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Spa cabins have been re-categorized. They no longer exist in the Haven. 

I noticed on the newer ships the spa suite sort of vanished. On the older ships like Epic and Getaway with spa suites, they no longer get you access to the Haven?  They dont have tubs in the room anymore either?  I never booked one but they were the best bang for the buck granting access to both the Haven and Spa while being the least expensive suite on the ship.  Made no sense.

6 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I noticed on the newer ships the spa suite sort of vanished. On the older ships like Epic and Getaway with spa suites, they no longer get you access to the Haven?  They dont have tubs in the room anymore either?  I never booked one but they were the best bang for the buck granting access to both the Haven and Spa while being the least expensive suite on the ship.  Made no sense.

The Haven Spa Cabins are now Haven Penthouse. You still have Haven access. Only thing lost is the spa access. I believe on ships like Getaway/Breakaway, the rooms still have the tub. I haven't confirmed that, but am pretty sure those are still there.

25 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

The Haven Spa Cabins are now Haven Penthouse. You still have Haven access. Only thing lost is the spa access. I believe on ships like Getaway/Breakaway, the rooms still have the tub. I haven't confirmed that, but am pretty sure those are still there.

But are they near the spa?  They have penthouses center mid ship on lower decks?  The spa suites were next to the spa.  I am confused why they are building penthouses near the spa then if they dont have access.   I know about the forward penthouses and aft penthouses but there is now another penthouse?

1 minute ago, david_sobe said:

But are they near the spa?  They have penthouses center mid ship on lower decks?  The spa suites were next to the spa.  I am confused why they are building penthouses near the spa then if they dont have access.   I know about the forward penthouses and aft penthouses but there is now another penthouse?

They're around 14130 (which was the non-spa Haven Penthouse we stayed in). 

image.png.f673b5e47e4f46e56e98fd1ab9e93fab.png

They're not building them. They just re-categorized them. There were no adjustments to the interior of the rooms. The only thing that occurred is they lost access to the thermal suite. 

Here's an article, with the letter NCL sent regarding the change last year:

https://cruise.blog/2023/10/norwegian-drops-stateroom-perk-and-doubles-down-solo-cabins

21 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Yes, the former Haven Spa still have the jacuzzi tub about four feet from the bed in the corner by the window/balcony.   They still have Haven access & benefits.   We were just in one on the Breakaway in late July.  

• Thanks 1