Storm may keep us from going on our cruise

Current forecast calls for the system to be over north Florida heading into Georgia by Monday, so whatever effect it may have on Miami should be mostly over by that time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, hcat said:

in effect for a few yrs now.. cruise line said it was due to NYS law.. no idea,  but has worked out okay for us

tonight's weather update says tropical storm will form..go along Fl west coast/ tampa bay..  high winds and lots of rain. Suggest folks. check port Ev website and  weather for east coast updates .

Hope it works out for cruisers  and for those   along Fl west coast

New York doesn't allow for cancel for any reason which is why I went with cruise ship insurance.  Now they caught on and put a stop to that. Yes the storm is on the west coast which may screw up Tampa sailings. The West coast seems to be the hot spot the past two years. The Gulf is very warm and they seem to go that route. It was beautiful this morning than a storm came out of no where but didn't last. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2024 at 9:32 PM, DaKahuna said:

Oh, that's going to be a problem for me.  I have to have at least one Kraken Colada per 7-days. 

Try a Hennessy Colada. I started drinking them on Royal Caribbean. My son recommended it to me.  

Also known as a Henny Colada, this drink, with roots in City Island, the Bronx, takes traditional piña colada to the next level. Made with sweet pineapple juice and cream of coconut, the traditional rum is replaced with the caramel undertones of Hennessy Cognac. The cherry and pineapple are optional but make it feel extra vacation-like. Whether drinking it in the Caribbean or on City Island, the tropics are a state of mind.

Edited by Iamcruzin

11 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yes the storm is on the west coast which may screw up Tampa sailings. The West coast seems to be the hot spot the past two years. The Gulf is very warm and they seem to go that route. It was beautiful this morning than a storm came out of no where but didn't last. 

We've had a couple of short showers here in north Broward so far this morning. Looking forward to boarding in 2 days. "See you" on the Reflection. 

6 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Try a Hennessy Colada. I started drinking them on Royal Caribbean. My son recommended it to me.  

Will keep that in mind.  Thanks as I've never heard of it before. 

29 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Also known as a Henny Colada, this drink, with roots in City Island, the Bronx, takes traditional piña colada to the next level. Made with sweet pineapple juice and cream of coconut, the traditional rum is replaced with the caramel undertones of Hennessy Cognac. The cherry and pineapple are optional but make it feel extra vacation-like. Whether drinking it in the Caribbean or on City Island, the tropics are a state of mind.

I am willing to learn…thanks for this

• Like 1