Luggage Question

My wife and I are going on a cruise that ends in Montreal. We will be taking a Delta flight out the same day we disembark, is there an option to have our luggage brought from the cruise ship to the airport and have it checked in? When we went to Seattle they had a program that took our luggage off the ship, checked in with the airlines and we did not see our luggage until we landed.

Unless there has been a very recent change, these services are for US domestic flights only. It's not possible for Canadians returning home from Fort Lauderdale to have their bags transferred from the ship to their final destination in Canada. The OP must clear US CBP in Montreal, and I imagine that the same restrictions apply heading South. 

I used the luggage transfer in Ft Lauderdale.  I am not sure that all airlines participate but I know that United does.  It did cost and you also had to pay the charge for the checked bags.

28 minutes ago, shippmates said:

I used the luggage transfer in Ft Lauderdale.  I am not sure that all airlines participate but I know that United does.  It did cost and you also had to pay the charge for the checked bags.

Last winter, there was a flat fee of $25 (not $25 per bag). Well worth the cost, IMO.  If you have checked bags, you don't pay any more than if you paid the airline directly. HAL just processes the payment for you. I have a United credit card, so I didn't have to pay for my checked suitcase. 

2 hours ago, shippmates said:

I did not have to pay for my bags either.  The charge was the same as the airlines charges,  I found it a great way to get through an airport without any luggage to worry about.

We use it every time - main reason we go in/out of FLL instead of Miami. And the over weight fee is waived, which is awesome. Our return flight from Rome we really put it to the test - our large suitcase was FULL of wine and weighed 98#. No extra charge!!