Premium Drink Package Pricing

rdaniel

I have been usually been booking the All Included package for my cruise this year.  Upgrade pricing was at around $6 per day was a pretty good price.  I have several cruises booked for early next year that I will need to purchase the drink package for.  The current sale is for $65 per day. I have found that the After Thanksgiving Black Fridays sales are usually pretty good and I can wait until then.  What is the lowest cost of the Premium Drink Package that you have seen in the past year?

Don't forget to add $13 (20%) to the $65 for tips. I've been looking over the last few months and the best flash sale I've seen is 35% off. Black Friday may be better. 

Don't forget you can cancel and rebook drinks package if prices come down at a later date. 

I didn't realise that the US price didn't include the tips. The price shown here in the UK is the final price you actually pay (which is currently £63pppd for premium during the flash sale). 

3 hours ago, OysterD said:

Don't forget you can cancel and rebook drinks package if prices come down at a later date. 

I didn't realise that the US price didn't include the tips. The price shown here in the UK is the final price you actually pay (which is currently £63pppd for premium during the flash sale). 

I'm checking on Australia site and which also includes tips. Currently it is $147Aud a person a day which is £75 and $96 USD and that's supposedly with 20% discount. 

The best upgrade to Premium beverage package price we’ve ever got was for our upcoming 12 night September 2 Med cruise on the Ascent.  We originally booked the cruise in late June 2023 with All Included (which included gratuities at that time along with the Classic package and WiFi).  In early August 2023, we upgraded to Premiun at $9.99 per person per day plus the 20% gratuity under a Flash Sale.  Then, in late October 2023, there was a much better flash sale at $6.99 plus the 20% gratuity so we cancelled our earlier $9.99 upgrade and booked the $6.99 price that with the gratuity worked out to $8.39 per day per person, or $201.36 for the two of us for the 12 night cruise.  We haven’t seen the upgrade price this low since then.  

For our February 2025 7 night Ascent cruise to the Caribbean, we upgraded to Premium under the current Flash Sale price of $8.99 plus the 20% gratuity.  We’ll monitor for future Flash Sales and cancel and rebook if the price falls below $8.99.

John

I just did a 12 day Iceland cruise on another line and the drink package was around 1750.00 US for 2 that price included tips I decided to cancel it and just pay as you go. Our total drink bill for everything was around 900.00. I am currently booked for an 11day cruise on Apex and the total with 5% discount was 1759.00 then 351.00 added for tips for a grand total of 2110.00. Think i will pay as I go. On other cruise bought 12 pack of water pre cruise for 10 to 15 dollars Celebrity wants over 30. It does seem that Celebrity charges a bit more for everything and it has been a while since we cruised on Celebrity (have only done 3 but were 12 day) We would need to drink 5.6 drinks at 17.00 a drink to break even at the most I might drink 4 my wife even less. Regular coffee is ok with us so no need for specialty coffee and maybe a soda or 2 a day. I don't drink beer either prefer bourbon or martini and the prices I have seen for beer were 8 to 10 bucks .

Now I know there are some who can really take advantage of these packages and get there money's worth for us it is not the case I would do the math before buying drink package. For us we might have 8 drinks between the 2 of us at the most in 1 day which is enough below the 11 drinks per day to break even. 

16 hours ago, rdaniel said:

I have been usually been booking the All Included package for my cruise this year.  Upgrade pricing was at around $6 per day was a pretty good price.  I have several cruises booked for early next year that I will need to purchase the drink package for.  The current sale is for $65 per day. I have found that the After Thanksgiving Black Fridays sales are usually pretty good and I can wait until then.  What is the lowest cost of the Premium Drink Package that you have seen in the past year?

The best prices I've seen are "Black Friday" that seemed to go from Sept-Nov - 50% off the upgrade price as I recall.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JHUNTGOLF said:

The best upgrade to Premium beverage package price we’ve ever got was for our upcoming 12 night September 2 Med cruise on the Ascent.  We originally booked the cruise in late June 2023 with All Included (which included gratuities at that time along with the Classic package and WiFi).  In early August 2023, we upgraded to Premiun at $9.99 per person per day plus the 20% gratuity under a Flash Sale.  Then, in late October 2023, there was a much better flash sale at $6.99 plus the 20% gratuity so we cancelled our earlier $9.99 upgrade and booked the $6.99 price that with the gratuity worked out to $8.39 per day per person, or $201.36 for the two of us for the 12 night cruise.  We haven’t seen the upgrade price this low since then.  

For our February 2025 7 night Ascent cruise to the Caribbean, we upgraded to Premium under the current Flash Sale price of $8.99 plus the 20% gratuity.  We’ll monitor for future Flash Sales and cancel and rebook if the price falls below $8.99.

John

That’s nice and all, but not at all what the OP is looking for.  

4 hours ago, JHUNTGOLF said:

John

You’re fortunate. My upcoming 12 nighter on Millennium isn’t as generous. Although the headline says ‘up to 35% discount’ on general prices it’s only 5% discount on drinks upgrades.
Is this because it’s in Japan or is there some other reason?