Meraviglia - 'included' dining options, esecially after typical dining hours

txauntiemame

My family and I keep third shift hours (3pm - 11pm), so our Awake hours are often well after midnight.  We need to find meals served after typical dining hours.  (It's a circadian rhythm disorder, so forcing change is miserable.)
Is the buffet open 24 hours?  Room Service is usually our GoTo, but Meraviglia charges for the dishes, as well as for delivery (!!).  (We're Bella.  I calculated, and Fantastica isn't worthwhile.)
Many Princess and RCL ships have a small shop with sandwiches, cookies, etc. open 24 hours.  Does Meraviglia?
We may not be able to sail this ship.  Thanks for your feedback! 

The buffet will have late night snacks from 10pm to 1 or 2am.  Your best bet would be to plan on having your main meal midday on days when the MDR is open for lunch, or in the buffet.  Or at noon in the specialties.

i cide tally, that’s not third shift for me.  Years of working 7 p-7a oe 11-7… that’s third shift. EM

MSC is scarce on free dining venues in general. On the Meraviglia, it is only the MDR & Buffet for those of us in Bella; the Buffet is open about 20 hours a day. And you can always grab some snacks and put them in your mini fridge earlier in the day.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at my dailies from my Meraviglia sailing last October, the latest any food was open was the pizza station in the buffet open until 1:00am. Early breakfast in the buffet began at 6:00am. So it sounds like there will be a five hour gap in which included food will be unavailable.

Edited by JamieLogical

Volunteer someone different as tribute every night to stock your mini fridges full of pizza and potstickers.

There are no problems on a cruise...only challenges accepted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Our experience with the ice cream by the pool was different.  It was only on sea days and only a few hours, from like three or four till maybe seven.  Also the buffet/ pizza was open for like 19 or 20 hours a day.