Royal Railway/UDP Question

If I have Ultimate Dining package I know that the Royal Railway is an upcharge but due to its popularity feel the need to book it as soon as it comes available pre-cruise. Therefore, I will pay full price, can I call to get adjustment or just wait and do it onboard as on OBC?

I'm sure calling before you sail would do nothing. All they can do is cancel it entirely. 

Onboard hopefully they will adjust the difference. It's so new very few have much experience booking it ahead, let alone adjusting it onboard. Maybe someone has had time to find out.

We also have the UDP for our 4-night on Utopia in February. I am watching our phone app everyday to see if reservations open up for the Railway. I intend to reserve the Railway for the 3rd night of our cruise for my birthday. Then, after we board the ship, we intend to go to our concierge and ask for his/her help to add that reservation to our UDP and credit any prepaid funds back to our CC on file or as a refundable OBC. Not sure if this will work but that's our plan. If you do not have a concierge, maybe Guest Services can help you with it. I'm afraid if I wait to try to reserve it on board, it may be sold out, as I hear reservations for the Railway sell out pretty fast. Good luck to us both!

• Like 2

I’m on Utopia in early December 2024. I’ve been checking daily and the Royal Railway was never offered. Even tried calling and was told it wasn’t available for booking yet. 

I checked the website a few minutes ago and it’s now available to reserve for my cruise. I made my reservation and am looking forward to the experience. 

My recommendation is keep checking and jump on it when it opens b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Generally, when you have the UDP, but have to pay a separate charge in order to book a specialty restaurant (the cruise planner doesn't integrate well with a purchased UDP), you have them adjust the charge at the restaurant, or whomever you would see to reserve on board the ship. They reverse the charge back to the credit card used to pay for it originally, as stated by SilkySal above.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, pcur said:

Generally, when you have the UDP, but have to pay a separate charge in order to book a specialty restaurant (the cruise planner doesn't integrate well with a purchased UDP), you have them adjust the charge at the restaurant, or whomever you would see to reserve on board the ship. They reverse the charge back to the credit card used to pay for it originally, as stated by SilkySal above.

Has this worked for you recently? Several months ago on Symphony we had the UDP and booked Hooked ahead of time since that is our favorite speciality restaurant. When we got on the ship they would not adjust the charge for Hooked. The guy we talked to was really nice but said the computer system would not let him do it. We ended up cancelling the reservation which got us a refund and booked another reservation on Hooked.  Seemed silly to me but bottom line it all worked out. 

• Like 1