Regal Princess suite question.

2 minutes ago, iowacruiser said:

Thinking about booking an aft S3 PH suite on the Regal Princess and was wondering if all of the balconies are the same size or different based on the deck it's located.

Thanks.

You should look at deckplans. They don't all look the same to me, but I also don't think there's a world of difference. Go to cruisedeckplans dotcom and you can get a good idea.

We have been in suite D726 on the Sky and that balcony is much larger than most others.  It is part covered and part open.  It looks like Regal has the same layout so deck 9 probably has larger balconies.

We prefer aft suites on Dolphin deck on the Regal.  Large balcony half covered and half open.  The aft suites we've booked on Riviera deck are totally open, large and might have a bit of a soot problem from the stacks depending on the direction of wind. Riviera deck is convenient to the Concierge Lounge.  We've also booked aft suites on the Emerald deck but experienced cigarette  smoke from the crew smoking area on deck 7.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

I just booked B734 on Regal, one of the only aft PH left. Hope it is okay. 

Anyone know if the balcony is at least half way decent. I do like to spend alot of time on my balcony. 

Here is a video of B734 on Sky Princess, should be exact same layout and balcony as on Regal.....you will love it!!

Just now, Gracie115 said:

Here is a video of B734 on Sky Princess, should be exact same layout and balcony as on Regal.....you will love it!!

Thanks so much for sending me the video. Perfect for me and my tea in the morning. Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

I just booked B734 on Regal, one of the only aft PH left. Hope it is okay. 

Anyone know if the balcony is at least half way decent. I do like to spend alot of time on my balcony. 

Corner aft penthouse suites on Royal class have the most awesome balconies on the ship. Gigantic 

12 minutes ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

Thanks memoak 

We have R730 booked on the Majestic for 20 days in September/October and the same suite for 14 days on the Discovery in June 2026. Still looking for more 2026 sailings but the first half of 2025 will be back on our favorite “rust bucket” the Grand 

Dolphin deck aft suites have enormous balconies - great if you want to throw a party and invite 20 or 30 of your closest friends.  I just felt for 2 of us it was way too much.  Baja are the perfect size in my opinion.  Both Dolphin and Baja have a little bit of cover from sun or rain.  Marina, Riviera, Aloha an Caribe are quite small with no overhead protection.  Having said that, aft balconies are THE BEST!  If we are on a port intensive cruise or in colder climates we enjoy the PH Suites along the port and starboard sides of the Riviera deck with great access to the Concierge lounge for morning coffee, afternoon snacks and evening cocktails!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Dolphin deck aft suites have enormous balconies - great if you want to throw a party and invite 20 or 30 of your closest friends.  I just felt for 2 of us it was way too much.  Baja are the perfect size in my opinion.  Both Dolphin and Baja have a little bit of cover from sun or rain.  Marina, Riviera, Aloha an Caribe are quite small with no overhead protection.  Having said that, aft balconies are THE BEST!  If we are on a port intensive cruise or in colder climates we enjoy the PH Suites along the port and starboard sides of the Riviera deck with great access to the Concierge lounge for morning coffee, afternoon snacks and evening cocktails!

I have yet to find an aft penthouse balcony that I would call very small. Love them all but the Royal class had the wraparound we love

17 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Here is a video of the B734 on the Enchanted Princess . It was our favorite Suite on Princess . We just did a suite on the CB to Iceland , Ireland , England and Scotland that we are doing a photo review of it on the Princess thread .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Here is a video of the B734 on the Enchanted Princess . It was our favorite Suite on Princess . We just did a suite on the CB to Iceland , Ireland , England and Scotland that we are doing a photo review of it on the Princess thread .

Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to sailing in this stateroom. 

2 hours ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to sailing in this stateroom. 

We really enjoyed it . The concierge are was open 24/7 for bottled water and the coffee machine was also open and was amazing . When we did the Enchanted it was in 2022 and the Ultimate Balcony wasn't open yet but we had the Chef's Table and Cellar Masters were good but no tour of the galley . Last month they went into the galley for the Chef's Table . We did the UBD twice and we liked it the best . The Super Tuscan @ $150 p.p. was overpriced . We did show photos on them in our review that we're currently doing  . 

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We really enjoyed it . The concierge are was open 24/7 for bottled water and the coffee machine was also open and was amazing . When we did the Enchanted it was in 2022 and the Ultimate Balcony wasn't open yet but we had the Chef's Table and Cellar Masters were good but no tour of the galley . Last month they went into the galley for the Chef's Table . We did the UBD twice and we liked it the best . The Super Tuscan @ $150 p.p. was overpriced . We did show photos on them in our review that we're currently doing  . 

That must be a Super Tuscan dinner. We had a Tuscan lunch earlier this year the was very good an $46 per person

11 hours ago, memoak said:

That must be a Super Tuscan dinner. We had a Tuscan lunch earlier this year the was very good an $46 per person

It was , but at lunch # 1 on the first day they showed us a list of special meals . There was no Tuscan Lunch . We booked the Chef's Table for a group of 7 and they usually only have 10 people . This one had 14 which felt like a lot . The paper showed 3 Chef's tables and we were the 1st one .

A bit off the topic but as only my 2nd princess booking, what are perks for suites?   I am familiar with Celebrity and suites come with premium drinks and Wi-Fi.  Was told have to purchase those above cost of suite. Other than large cabin, what are the great things about suites on older Princess ships such as Emerals and Majestic?

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

A bit off the topic but as only my 2nd princess booking, what are perks for suites?   I am familiar with Celebrity and suites come with premium drinks and Wi-Fi.  Was told have to purchase those above cost of suite. Other than large cabin, what are the great things about suites on older Princess ships such as Emerals and Majestic?

Free specialty dinner on embarkation night, Reserve dining area with walk up no wait and an extra dish not on the MDR regular menu, free mini bar seat up , Suites only breakfast area every morning. WiFi and drink packages are an add on

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

The best Full Suite Perk is breakfast at Sabitini's (or other location).  It is only for full suites and they really spoil you.

We also like (in priority order)

- expedited free laundry

- Reserve Dining

- Free Mini bar setup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mara4166 said:

The best Full Suite Perk is breakfast at Sabitini's (or other location).  It is only for full suites and they really spoil you.

We also like (in priority order)

- expedited free laundry

- Reserve Dining

- Free Mini bar setup

Can you request what is in the mini bar setup, we only like whiskey and nothing diet 😜. Thanks 

Remember, you can buy ahead of your cruise, small bottles of alcohol such as Crown Royal, etc, to be delivered to your room at the beginning of your cruise.  Price is very reasonable compared to buying the same at the bar.  We do not book the packages. We carry on a couple bottles of wine, and my DH buys his Crown Royal ahead of time.  Oh, and we also buy our bottled water, too.  We love this aspect of cruising on Princess.  Being in our early 80's, we always choose a balcony and this makes it a special time to enjoy libations before our dinner. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

Can you request what is in the mini bar setup, we only like whiskey and nothing diet 😜. Thanks 

We have never swapped it, but I have read on here that many people do switch.  You can call room service and get all alcohol switched to a different alcoholic (or non alcoholic) beverage and all non alcohol to another non alcoholic beverage.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

We switch out all alcohol to vodka, all soft drinks to Diet Coke and waters to Perrier