Difference in OT cabins

NM2020

Hi Everyone,

Am seriously interested in an Explora Caribbean cruise in Jan 26. Trying to get an idea of what the difference is between the OT categories?

Any thing significant?

Thanks

NM 

• Like 1

Thank you. I am a novice cruiser. On a smaller ship is there any significance on motion being forward or aft? Or is it about noise or indeed anything else. I am a learner here.

NM

2 minutes ago, NM2020 said:

On a smaller ship is there any significance on motion being forward or aft? Or is it about noise or indeed anything else. I am a learner here

We don’t get impacted by motion so for us we’re happy on a higher deck forward where one would expect the most motion - in fact we look forward to it but…

If you do feel the sea then best location is lower deck midships 

Noise control is pretty good these days but some would say avoid being above a theatre or below a deck space - again we’ve never had an issue with noise 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

We don’t get impacted by motion so for us we’re happy on a higher deck forward where one would expect the most motion - in fact we look forward to it but…

If you do feel the sea then best location is lower deck midships 

Noise control is pretty good these days but some would say avoid being above a theatre or below a deck space - again we’ve never had an issue with noise 

I would also avoid being on the starboard side above the SMOKING Crema Cafe.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Piaa said:

@Dr. Cocktail - we are on deck 8 starboard side above Crema .. do you think it will be a problem (3 decks up from Crema) .  Thank you 

Sorry .... I can't really advise with first hand knowledge.  If you search these boards, there have been issues with the smell of smoke.  I think much would depend on the number of smokers outside at Crema and the wind and speed.  I don't think that people actually smelled it in their suites, only on their verandas.

My advice would be to try and change to the other side if possible.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Sorry .... I can't really advise with first hand knowledge.  If you search these boards, there have been issues with the smell of smoke.  I think much would depend on the number of smokers outside at Crema and the wind and speed.  I don't think that people actually smelled it in their suites, only on their verandas.

My advice would be to try and change to the other side if possible.

We had booked an OT suite right above Crema. There were none available on the other side, but but have been able to move to the other end.

We too were booked above most annoying by the onboard agent who assured us it was an excellent room. We were booking the day before disembarking so did not get a chance to check. It was also before the issue was reported onboard. 
I tried recently to get a change and was told as it was an onboard special offer the answer was no. 
We will just see how we get along. There are enough other places to sit out onboard but as we are b2b if it’s bad, we will see if we can swap mid holiday 

5 hours ago, uktog said:

We will just see how we get along. There are enough other places to sit out onboard but as we are b2b if it’s bad, we will see if we can swap mid holiday 

Hello tog!

They have been VERY good in changing “problem” cabins once onboard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

I tried recently to get a change and was told as it was an onboard special offer the answer was no

Does that mean the cruise is sold out? Just being difficult in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

Does that mean the cruise is sold out? Just being difficult in my opinion.

I think the category we booked in is sold out other than rooms above the smoking area. Anyway we will work around it. We may hardly be in the room