1 week to go and getting worried

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

the storm is projected as of today to hit PA/NJ area Wednesday or Thursday so a Saturday flight should not be impacted by Storm Debby.    

We're going to wait until Wednesday and see what's going on with the weather.  Hopefully we can fly out on Saturday 🙏. But worst case senerio we'll cancel the flights and drive. If we leave right after he gets home Friday night we should make it ok.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that! Because we have dogs to get to the Kennel and other things to do before we could leave. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

We cruise on Sunday the 11th.

As others have stated, Debby won't be an issue in Florida when you get here. I'm in the Tampa Bay area (western/gulf side of the state) and it's already passed us by and made landfall well north of here. Some lingering rain bands this morning, but nothing too crazy.

But since it's hurricane season, keep an eye on the weather. There is already another tropical disturbance near the windward islands that's being watched, but is not expected to be a threat at this point. This happens off and on throughout the summer, we're used to it, and many of these storms just fizzle out.

Hoping for the best weather for your cruise!

Edited by TheInnocentAge
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2024 at 9:09 AM, poocher said:

When this happened to my brother in 2022, he received 90% refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit

Though not a regular offer, Luck, they are never consistent and each delay/storm is different

On 8/4/2024 at 8:45 AM, toxicfairy said:

Let me start by saying I purchased insurance through royal. We're in south jersey and flying out of Philadelphia Saturday afternoon. Layover in Chicago then on to Ft Lauderdale.  We cruise on Sunday the 11th. 

Now with Debbie coming through I'm nervous.  What if our flights are canceled and we can't get to the cruise port. And no driving is NOT an option too long of a drive and my husband has to work up until Friday. 

Does the insurance cover cancelation if we can't get to Ft Lauderdale due to weather? I'm not familiar with their policy. We always purchase it but haven't needed it. 

Insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company.  No one can tell you what will be covered without seeing and understanding the policy.   I would suggest reading it carefully.  If not understood adequately, call company and ask; or better yet, ask your attorney to review it.

On 8/4/2024 at 12:08 PM, nelblu said:

I don’t think you will be affected. Latest forecast ,  Storm will hit the western part of Florida and move straight up to Georgia. 

The OP may be worried that her flight out of Philly will be canceled since the storm is supposed to hit this area Friday and/or Saturday.

On 8/4/2024 at 11:45 AM, toxicfairy said:

Let me start by saying I purchased insurance through royal. We're in south jersey and flying out of Philadelphia Saturday afternoon. Layover in Chicago then on to Ft Lauderdale.  We cruise on Sunday the 11th. 

Now with Debbie coming through I'm nervous.  What if our flights are canceled and we can't get to the cruise port. And no driving is NOT an option too long of a drive and my husband has to work up until Friday. 

Does the insurance cover cancelation if we can't get to Ft Lauderdale due to weather? I'm not familiar with their policy. We always purchase it but haven't needed it. 

It is up to you to get to the port on time for your departure. 

Flights will be messed up on the East Coast. The biggest problem is planes and crew not being in the right cities (not necessarily specific to Philly). 

If you get cancelled, consider any flight that gets you to Orlando or closer to FFL. 

If worst comes to worst, you can make that drive.  We missed a flight out of Philly the day before our cruise out of Miami.  We rented a car at the airport and drove straight through.  Yes it was a grueling drive - yes we drove much faster than the speed limit - but we made it to the port with plenty of time to spare.  If you miss your flight, make sure the airline doesn't cancel your return flight.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rouque said:

If worst comes to worst, you can make that drive.  We missed a flight out of Philly the day before our cruise out of Miami.  We rented a car at the airport and drove straight through.  Yes it was a grueling drive - yes we drove much faster than the speed limit - but we made it to the port with plenty of time to spare.  If you miss your flight, make sure the airline doesn't cancel your return flight.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

How would they make the return flight if they drive?

NVM, I see you rented a car

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 8/4/2024 at 8:40 PM, toxicfairy said:

We're going to wait until Wednesday and see what's going on with the weather.  Hopefully we can fly out on Saturday 🙏. But worst case senerio we'll cancel the flights and drive. If we leave right after he gets home Friday night we should make it ok.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that! Because we have dogs to get to the Kennel and other things to do before we could leave. 

This whole week has been rather ugly in our area, SE PA, but this weekend is to be 83 and sunny.  Hope you didn't cancel and can enjoy your cruise.

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This whole week has been rather ugly in our area, SE PA, but this weekend is to be 83 and sunny.  Hope you didn't cancel and can enjoy your cruise.

No didn't cancel. We'd have lost all the money. We figured we'd wait and see. 

• Like 3