Wifi "by the day"

hdt09

We're going to be on a 14-day (transatlantic) cruise on the Celebrity Constellation. My spouse is concerned about being able to receive text msgs and/or e-mails from our pet-sitter. It looks like if you buy a wifi package, you have to buy all 14 days (close to $300!).

Can you buy "by-the-day"? Either beforehand (say buy two days of wifi, but declare on the ship which days you'll want to activate), or "the day that you want to use the wifi" shipboard?

I assume that the ship uses either Starlink or some other satellite connection when we're in the middle of the Ocean 😀

Thanks!

Ship does have Starlink.  I have not seen wi-fi other than a full cruise package available to purchase before boarding.  

On board have have seen mid cruise specials, which if you are doing a west bound TA may be a good option for the multiple days at sea.  I have also seen the option to purchase a day, hour at the ILounge. 

• Thanks 1

You can buy Internet for a 24 Hour continuous and 1 hour continuous period.   Not sure of the current price but expensive.   About a year ago these were the prices not sure if they have changed.

image.thumb.png.29d55ee2f7434488836a94fd9a9bcb12.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dunchues said:

If you just need to check mail etc, Google cruise esim card and take your pick 

Not sure how that would work on a TransAtlantic using the ships satellite connection.   Some carriers offer a Internet at Sea but can be limited and expensive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure how that would work on a TransAtlantic using the ships satellite connection.   Some carriers offer a Internet at Sea but can be limited and expensive.

Not hard to find up to date info, then you'll be sure. If you have a suitable phone, it works. Some suppliers have each individual lines vessels listed which suit their service.

I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just mentioning an inexpensive alternative for light users as per the original posters husband's requirements. 

If you purchase the internet prior to the cruise, can you get the 35% off for being Elite Plus, or is that just when you buy it on the ship at the higher cost.

Pat

One option the OP might use is their Free Internet Minutes by Status in CC.   These minutes do not have to be used continuously and if they remember to log off every time they finish reading messages and e-mails  can last the complete cruise.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hdt09 said:

We're going to be on a 14-day (transatlantic) cruise on the Celebrity Constellation. My spouse is concerned about being able to receive text msgs and/or e-mails from our pet-sitter. It looks like if you buy a wifi package, you have to buy all 14 days (close to $300!).

Can you buy "by-the-day"? Either beforehand (say buy two days of wifi, but declare on the ship which days you'll want to activate), or "the day that you want to use the wifi" shipboard?

I assume that the ship uses either Starlink or some other satellite connection when we're in the middle of the Ocean 😀

Thanks!

Yes, you can buy WiFi by the Day on board your cruise.  When we were on Summit this past April, here was the by-the-day (24 hrs) option that appeared on our phone:

IMG_7205.thumb.png.d486ac2d7fd784a6f0aa85da6cff7a9a.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, patattack said:

If you purchase the internet prior to the cruise, can you get the 35% off for being Elite Plus, or is that just when you buy it on the ship at the higher cost.

Pat

You can get the Captains Club discount on a Wi-F package when you purchase your package before the cruise.  

In the past you had to call the Captains Club in order to get that discount applied.  Last year Celebrity started making this discount available when you booked online through your Cruise Planner and the discount was clearly labeled as being for Elite Plus, etc (see screenshot below).  However when I look at my Cruise Planner right now, I don't see that so it is possible that this online feature has been disabled or it is inconsistently appearing or some other problem.  

Finally, the CC discount is combinable with the standard pre-cruise discount but not with any discount through a sale.

image.thumb.png.f3014bcf1e21b4bb1f7d53c4d018242d.png

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

You can get the Captains Club discount on a Wi-F package when you purchase your package before the cruise.  

In the past you had to call the Captains Club in order to get that discount applied.  Last year Celebrity started making this discount available when you booked online through your Cruise Planner and the discount was clearly labeled as being for Elite Plus, etc (see screenshot below).  However when I look at my Cruise Planner right now, I don't see that so it is possible that this online feature has been disabled or it is inconsistently appearing or some other problem.  

Finally, the CC discount is combinable with the standard pre-cruise discount but not with any discount through a sale.

image.thumb.png.f3014bcf1e21b4bb1f7d53c4d018242d.png

Thanks for your response.  

Pat