Children's onboard spending

Travelling with preteen niece and nephew in February.  I got $500 OBC when I booked the rooms.  I'd like to give them each $200 of it for them to spend in the arcade, etc via their SS cards.  My question is the best way to do this...If I buy cruise cash can it be placed on individual SS cards?  Or are individual's charges broken out? 

I understand my cc will be the card charged for any and all final balances but I'm just wondering how they can get keep track of their spending.  They are old enough to be budgeting and understand limits and wants/ needs.  I don't want to be looking through room charges and have to be adding up what they've already spent.  I want that burden to be on them.  HAHA  I've never had additional cruisers on my account before and am not sure how that works.  TIA!

when you set up their account you can select a daily limit.  This can be done in the app once on board.  I think you can also do this during the online check in process.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KristinDD82 said:

Travelling with preteen niece and nephew in February.  I got $500 OBC when I booked the rooms.  I'd like to give them each $200 of it for them to spend in the arcade, etc via their SS cards.  My question is the best way to do this...If I buy cruise cash can it be placed on individual SS cards?  Or are individual's charges broken out? 

I understand my cc will be the card charged for any and all final balances but I'm just wondering how they can get keep track of their spending.  They are old enough to be budgeting and understand limits and wants/ needs.  I don't want to be looking through room charges and have to be adding up what they've already spent.  I want that burden to be on them.  HAHA  I've never had additional cruisers on my account before and am not sure how that works.  TIA!

OBC will be applied to first charges.

• Like 1

re: keeping track of their spending. They can track their spending 1. in the Hub App on their phones which will show them what they've spent 2. on the tv in the room 3. the guest services desk can give them a summary printed out on paper (they may able to access this via one of the automated machines at GS but I am not certain)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

OBC will be applied to first charges.

Right, but if I buy cruise cash, can cruise cash be added to individuals or is cruise cash room based?

1 minute ago, x lindsay x said:

re: keeping track of their spending. They can track their spending 1. in the Hub App on their phones which will show them what they've spent 2. on the tv in the room 3. the guest services desk can give them a summary printed out on paper (they may able to access this via one of the automated machines at GS but I am not certain)

So I'm guessing they will have their own account attached to their card?

20 minutes ago, KristinDD82 said:

So I'm guessing they will have their own account attached to their card?

You would need to set up separate accounts with separate payment methods which I don't think is possible with minors.  I know two adults can be in the same stateroom, have two separate foilos with their own separate payment methods, get two sail/sign account statements and  OBC credit (if present) is divided between the two accounts.  I know when I sail with my partner, set up charging for "all", attach one payment method, get one statement at end of cruise, all OBC is applied to first charges no matter whose folio is listed. 

31 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

You would need to set up separate accounts with separate payment methods which I don't think is possible with minors.  I know two adults can be in the same stateroom, have two separate foilos with their own separate payment methods, get two sail/sign account statements and  OBC credit (if present) is divided between the two accounts.  I know when I sail with my partner, set up charging for "all", attach one payment method, get one statement at end of cruise, all OBC is applied to first charges no matter whose folio is listed. 

Thank you.  I guess the question I should be asking is how Cruise Cash works.  If you can apply it to individual SS cards.  Thanks again.

If you try to add cruise cash to your account on the Carnival website you can't select which person it is for, it is general money for the cabin. 

As dallasdan said you should control spending by setting up overall spending limits for each kid at $200 for the cruise, you can also do it as a daily value. You can always go and increase the limit during the cruise with little hassle if you want them to have more.

I set my kid up with a $50 max. for the cruise (she was 6) and she wanted to use her card for Build a Bear since her grandma gave her an onboard credit for it which basically knocked out her entire spending allowance. I was able to change her limit via the Hub App easily. 

Could you go to Cherry on Top and purchase gift cards using the OBC, then apply them to their accounts?  You might ask at guest services if you can do this as they are minors.  EM