Freedom! Live From The Freedom of the Seas 8/11-18, 2024

Nassau is not my favorite port, but I can think of many other places that people seem to enjoy that I would rank much lower. Nassau definitely gets a bad rap and I think part of the problem is the frequency that ships stop here. 

I enjoy it because it is very scenic and easy to walk around in although I do find the vendors to be too aggressive. Certainly not as bad as some places, but they help contribute to the negative opinions of the port.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

The quickest and easiest way to find out who the captain is would be to ask the Diamond Lounge concierge.

Captain Matias. I didn't even have to leave my room to find out, he literally just came on the speaker and said "This is Captain Matias". Crew drill, we are not sinking or anything 🙂

Let me know if you need a last name or if you know who that is and I will put it back on to do list 😄

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

The thought is indeed very scary. She is hesitant to get it done. One time I talk to her and she is going to put it off, then next time her vision has scared into doing it, She has an appointment the 26th to set a date hopefully. A friend just had the same surgery and ended up with two black eyes which is not helping put her mind at ease.

I’m not sure I would have them done simultaneously, just because if you had an infection, you wouldn’t want it in both. I didn’t have a single black eye or even bloodshot ones.

Incidentally, it is an indication of the varying demographics that nobody else has yet mentioned their cataract ops. If you had said this in the Cunard board, almost the entire membership would have described their experience.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I’m not sure I would have them done simultaneously, just because if you had an infection, you wouldn’t want it in both. I didn’t have a single black or or even bloodshot ones.

Incidentally, it is an indication of the varying demographics that nobody else has yet mentioned their cataract ops. If you had said this in the Cunard board, almost the entire membership would have described their experience.

I do believe they will be done apart as were her friends but for some reason she bruised each time. 

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

I do believe they will be done apart as were her friends but for some reason she bruised each time. 

It will be fine then. The worst bit in retrospect was the hanging around beforehand waiting for the dilating drops to take effect, so you can’t read to distract yourself from worrying.

• Thanks 1

Showed up at the end of a rush for my coffee. Once the line cleared and didn't reform behind me it turned into social hour and restocking the bar and those of us with drink orders in had to stand and wait for a while. Not loving my Cafe promenade experience so far but at least it seems to be the outlier on the ship.

Grabbed a dill and cream cheese sandwich to go with my coffee.

17235632361642532086809172396240.thumb.jpg.bf99489a7f28649f6ce24ab822ea9fd6.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It will be fine then. The worst bit in retrospect was the hanging around beforehand waiting for the dilating drops to take effect, so you can’t read to distract yourself from worrying.

I will tell her about your experience to try and ease her mind.

I won't mention your dislike of towel animals or it will invalidate your claim 😆 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I will tell her about your experience to try and ease her mind.

I won't mention your dislike of towel animals or it will invalidate your claim 😆 

I had mine done on the NHS. I imagine if your ma - or her insurance - is paying for it, while the quality of the surgery won’t be any better, the peripherals might be more comfortable. And she’ll still be home for lunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Captain Matias. I didn't even have to leave my room to find out, he literally just came on the speaker and said "This is Captain Matias". Crew drill, we are not sinking or anything 🙂

Let me know if you need a last name or if you know who that is and I will put it back on to do list 😄

Hey Jam,

Thanks for this.  Any idea who the Hotel Director is?  

NJ  😍

It was a short day for me in port. It was quite warm but I was going to see about doing a little walking around anyway.

I needed to use the restroom before I left the ship but the one I went to was shut down and there was a cleanup crew. I didn't ask questions. 

Was going to use the ones in port, I walked in and was met by two angry ladies exclaiming the bathrooms were closed. Ummm ok sorry I'm not a mind reader. 

The need becoming more urgent, I decided to head back to the ship and scrap any wandering around plans.

A few ship pics. 

20240813_130153.thumb.jpg.0b2c2dacd50b7cee5b84b8727e0f3eac.jpg

20240813_131105.thumb.jpg.f48b4b7bdc99b7d59f4eb12084c80202.jpg

That's all I took. It was just too hot out.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

How was the cheese last night?

Oh yes, it was quite good and a much better late night snack than what I would have grabbed. I couldn't tell you what any of the cheeses were. The white one was a little too strong for me but I ate it with the fruit to sweeten it up a little.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm one of the folks around here that likes Nassau. Looking forward to your posts.

My MD daughter and I love the pharmacy over there. (out of the  port shenanigans to the main drag and to the left, some great stuff and less $$ then cvs or other drag shops).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldplayer532 said:

My MD daughter and I love the pharmacy over there. (out of the  port shenanigans to the main drag and to the left, some great stuff and less $$ then cvs or other drag shops).

That's a new one. 🤣

• Haha 3

@bluewater1298I'm afraid there is no through access on the bottom decks after all.

20240813_132033.thumb.jpg.7de57bb9de4a341b4951e375bb8459a2.jpg

End of the line on 2.

20240813_132305.thumb.jpg.f437e70946e447bd253dd15be796a21d.jpg

End of the line on 3.

20240813_132548.thumb.jpg.d9ace4613e1cd1b3952b3e01d8f489d6.jpg

The barrier on two looks like maybe it was not always there. The hall itself seems to go through but has a rope and crew only sign.

• Like 1