Accessible pool onboard?

Hi folks,

i wanted to see if those of you that are currently onboard a HAL ship or just recently off can tell me if the ship has an accessible chair to get into the pool.  It would typically be on the aft pool, but I don’t know that for sure. It would be permanently installed, so if it’s there, you won’t miss it.  A list would be helpful when we sign up for future cruises.

Thank you for your help!

Hi, from my recollection, the Nieuw Statendam  had a  lift seat at the Lido pool area.  I'm not sure about the aft pools. It  also had a nice stairway to enter the pool.  Sorry, I don't have any photos.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Hi, from my recollection, the Nieuw Statendam  had a  lift seat at the Lido pool area.  I'm not sure about the aft pools. It  also had a nice stairway to enter the pool.  Sorry, I don't have any photos.  

Pretty sure there was one at the aft pool as well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cruzngal said:

Hi folks,

i wanted to see if those of you that are currently onboard a HAL ship or just recently off can tell me if the ship has an accessible chair to get into the pool.  It would typically be on the aft pool, but I don’t know that for sure. It would be permanently installed, so if it’s there, you won’t miss it.  A list would be helpful when we sign up for future cruises.

Thank you for your help!

Rotterdam had one at the Lido Pool. Saw it used for both pool and hot tub. Als not sure about aft pool as we do not use that pool.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nieuw Statendam definitely has a chair at the pool - the ship was made fully ADA compliant during last year's dry dock.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fairly positive Nieuw Statendam has one at the mid ship pool (don't remember if one at the aft pool).  Also, if you are interested, there is a chair in the thermal pool.

You can probably call the accessibility people at HAL to find out for sure.

Edited by fusion927
  • Like 1

Thank you to everyone for this information!  I was able to use one of the chairs in 2023, on the Nieuw Statendam in April 2023, but it was only on the aft pool.  They made it very difficult to use.  I had to make an appointment 24 hours in advance to even use it.  The Nieuw Amsterdam didn’t have one at all.

I  am hoping that with the accessibility upgrades they are making, it becomes less difficult to actually to actually use them.

If, as you go on future cruises you see whether they have one or not, I would really appreciate the update.  It helps me know as I book future cruises.  The personal cruise consultants don’t have that information.

Thanks again!