Saint Greg's Jewels - Live - August 12, 2024

2 minutes ago, depplep said:

We're on Princess in October. I'm anxious/interested to do this. We loved Celebrity last month and it's going to be hard to beat at this point. Thank you for all the time and effort put into your reviews, love traveling with you.

I'm a Princess convert.  Was NCL exclusively prior to that.  Of course, your experiences may be different.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 3

We have not tried NCL. Have a 12 day Princess in January.  That will be our second Princess.  Looking for a great deal for a four-six day this fall. May try. Celebrity. Not finding deals with Carnival. 

Thanks for sharing the awesome excursions!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

5G is back which means I can stream the Mets and hopefully post faster!

Yes. Supercharged uploads!

IMG_5331.thumb.jpeg.996f6de2f36ce8ae276bb4baf8496fa2.jpeg

IMG_5334.thumb.jpeg.2ddef47a24011b8501ccfdecc6866ca2.jpeg

IMG_5332.thumb.jpeg.2713d8e3bddef24ba58588ba137adea3.jpeg

Im trying something new. Shakshuka

IMG_5335.thumb.jpeg.63cd3501ba19f2f3583e2ea6b00e12cf.jpeg

when trying something new its good to also have something you know you’ll like.

IMG_5336.thumb.jpeg.1578206e077c85798160e8937b441435.jpeg

How was the shakshuka? Spicy? Looks interesting!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

5G is back which means I can stream the Mets and hopefully post faster!

Yes. Supercharged uploads!

IMG_5331.thumb.jpeg.996f6de2f36ce8ae276bb4baf8496fa2.jpeg

IMG_5334.thumb.jpeg.2ddef47a24011b8501ccfdecc6866ca2.jpeg

IMG_5332.thumb.jpeg.2713d8e3bddef24ba58588ba137adea3.jpeg

Im trying something new. Shakshuka

IMG_5335.thumb.jpeg.63cd3501ba19f2f3583e2ea6b00e12cf.jpeg

when trying something new its good to also have something you know you’ll like.

IMG_5336.thumb.jpeg.1578206e077c85798160e8937b441435.jpeg

How was the shakshuka? Spicy? Looks interesting!

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post. I see this has already been addressed.  Really enjoying your review. We have not been to Alaska since 2008 and your review is making me want to do another visit!

• Like 1

All caught up, once I started reading couldn't stop. It's like I'm back on the Jade, we even had that same picture in our cabin and had the same breakfast and dinner choices.

Awesome you got to see bears again and whales. So many gorgeous pics and your running commentary is very informative and witty lol.

I loved the Martini Bar. We spent 2 hours every night there and had so much fun with the best bartending staff on any ship. Our favorite bartender made us basically whatever we wanted. Every cruise we tip a dollar a drink, nothing more, not looking or asking for anything extra. I did start to feel a bit uncomfortable with his generosity so I started tipping 2 dollars a drink. The second night he made me a lemon cake, similar to the rum cake and that's all I drank the rest of the cruise. I love lemon anything. The pistachio was my second favorite. 

Last cruise my favorite was monkey business.

We had no comedy at all this last cruise.

Now that I have tried a smaller ship and loved it I am open to revisiting taking another Alaska cruise next year. Encore was a great ship but just not the best choice for Alaska I feel. Also helps that I can fly American with my Alaska airline points. Flew them for the first time yesterday, no complaints. 

• Like 11

This is interesting. We have the sunset in front of us and the moon behind us.

Very Cool and will be a good memory - a long long time ago, I was flying into LAX from HNL - could see the lights ahead of me and the sunset behind - magical moment after another great trip.  Been on Jewel twice - liked the ship.  I salute your energy and spirit of adventure - please keep sharing - oh yeah, did TA on EPIC in 2018 - all good.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I was told to talk to the internet manager. Half of the ship was in line for that. She issued a full refund but said don’t expect others to be as generous as her because I agreed to a partial refund six days ago before I knew it wasn’t going to work all cruise so that’s all I was supposed to get. 

Moral of the story. Wait until the end of the cruise to complain on NCL. Complain on day 2 they refund you for day 1 and make you pay the rest even if it doesn’t work. This is the first time in what ? 13-14 hours.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11

55 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

I didn't see post #1066.  It was blank.  Was it just me?

Yeah that didn’t quite work right and then it gave me one of those you can’t edit this post things so I just made a new one below it.

• Like 3

Let’s try this again. They asked me to talk to them to tell me they weren’t going to refund me for the remainder of my internet. Which I wasn’t technically asking for but since I was there and it basically hasn’t worked at all I said you should give me a full refund.

yea! Three more tries got it!

IMG_6041.thumb.jpeg.97805334acc1252d1271dcaf45355804.jpeg

• Like 10