Jewel unable to return to Amsterdam today

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was nice meeting you as well!  Miss you two already!  

RCI shoreside decided to skip going to Nuuk due to predicted incoming low pressure system.  Instead we are now steaming directly to Newfoundland.   They have now also added Halifax Nova Scotia as replacement.  All works for us, since we will be in Nuuk (twice) on Viking next year anyway.  I love Halifax and happy we will be going there.  🙂 

When we did the Arctic cruise on Voyager we also skipped Nuuk due to weather.

Let me know how you like Halifax…..we’ve never been but have brilliance booked next August to make a stop there…. Nuuk is scheduled on that cruise too 🤞

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Let me know how you like Halifax…..we’ve never been but have brilliance booked next August to make a stop there…. Nuuk is scheduled on that cruise too 🤞

We adored Halifax when we did the NE cruise on EX some years ago.  Also spent time in a VRBO for a few weeks in Nova Scotia last year.  Loved it...happy we are going there as a sub.  🙂 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

We adored Halifax when we did the NE cruise on EX some years ago.  Also spent time in a VRBO for a few weeks in Nova Scotia last year.  Loved it...happy we are going there as a sub.  🙂 

We haven’t planned to do any ship tours, just planned to do our own thing……and eat!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Actually Nuuk was replaced by Nanortalik prior to sailing.  We ended up skipping Nanortalik so we could sail Prins Christians Sund.

"Due to cruising regulations in Greenland, we’ve replaced our visit to Nuuk with Nanortalik."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Actually Nuuk was replaced by Nanortalik prior to sailing.  We ended up skipping Nanortalik so we could sail Prins Christians Sund.

"Due to cruising regulations in Greenland, we’ve replaced our visit to Nuuk with Nanortalik."

Thanks…. I had forgotten that. SO happy we got to go to Prins Christian Sund!  Maybe that will happen next year on Brilliance, it’s not currently scheduled to go there…bummer

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

I visited Halifax for the 7th time on 9/13/23 (on LB).  On the fall 2023 Anthem TA we were scheduled to go to Bermuda, but due to Hurricane Tammy, we diverted to Halifax on 10/28/23.  So, my 2nd visit (8th total) to Halifax in 6 weeks.  😄

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We haven’t planned to do any ship tours, just planned to do our own thing……and eat!

Great minds think alike!  Same thing on the agenda in Halifax for us....   😋

Though I am not a fan of gravy on my fries.  😄 

Upcoming St. John's we are doing the comical "screech-in" tradition.  🥴

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I visited Halifax for the 7th time on 9/13/23 (on LB).  On the fall 2023 Anthem TA we were scheduled to go to Bermuda, but due to Hurricane Tammy, we diverted to Halifax on 10/28/23.  So, my 2nd visit (8th total) to Halifax in 6 weeks.  😄

Unfortunately weather does not look all that great on the predictions for either port right now...but...sigh.  That is the North Atlantic.  😉 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately weather does not look all that great on the predictions for either port right now...but...sigh.  That is the North Atlantic.  😉 

Being a few days behind you, thanks for taking the terrible weather. The Denmark Straight is nice and smooth today. And it was clear enough last night to see northern lights. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Being a few days behind you, thanks for taking the terrible weather. The Denmark Straight is nice and smooth today. And it was clear enough last night to see northern lights. 

We saw them from our balcony last night (not as many bright ship lights versus upper open  decks)...but they were faint...just a milky white color.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Great minds think alike!  Same thing on the agenda in Halifax for us....   😋

The Public Gardens in Halifax were beautiful when I visited in mid September last year, but pretty barren when I visited again in late October.

• Like 1