The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 10th, 2024

richwmn

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@TiogaCruiser I only use Uber for "real time" trips, I don't book in advance, so I'm not familiar with that error. I bet there's a security feature w/in Uber that limits the number of "advance" bookings per account, rather than per card. Can you try using another email? 

Added a different card this morning after reading your post, and I got the same error message. I just tried booking again and now it is letting me book. But its using the second card ( that charges fx fees)🥴

• Like 6

Just checking in for the evening.  

Maureen, glad you made it to Boston without any problems.

Ann, sorry about cancelling the cruise.

Would you believe we had more rain today!

Annie, hang in there. We are all here for you.

Charlene, hope you and your family are enjoying your cruise.

Joy, Good to hear from you.

Have a good night everyone,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Good evening!  

@TiogaCruiser — I hope you figure out the Uber issues. I’ve only used it once for myself and I booked the ride the day before. BTW, I just discovered that we will be in Quebec City on the same day August 30th. Is that your disembarkation day?  We’ll have to wave to each other!

Joy @Seasick Sailor, gosh sakes girl!  You are one busy person. I’ve been thinking and praying for your sister. Please give Oliver a hug for me. Also Allen!  I have a question— how are you getting enough Dupixent to last for your entire cruise?  The company I go through only gives me a months worth at a time. 

Ann @Vict0riann, I am sorry you will be canceling your cruise. Health issues come first. 

Elizabeth @Haljo1935 — a lot of doctors overbook their patients and don’t really care if they complain but 6 patients at 8 o‘clock is crazy. I could see 2 or 3 (sorry but it’s just a fact). I do have to say it’s usually the best doctors and those that specialize because they are in high demand and other doctors ask for favors. Also surgeons do this because they have to see so many post ops so many days after surgery. I pulled my hair out many times a day trying to figure out where to schedule follow ups. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Joy @Seasick Sailor, gosh sakes girl!  You are one busy person. I’ve been thinking and praying for your sister. Please give Oliver a hug for me. Also Allen!  I have a question— how are you getting enough Dupixent to last for your entire cruise?  The company I go through only gives me a months worth at a time. 

So, the way we have it covered is, we have 3 shots currently and 2 more shots on the way. It will cover him until 2 days late. I called our TriCare pharmacy to let them know and they are sending a vacation request before August 25th. It's 6 days before we leave, so we aren't concerned. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So, the way we have it covered is, we have 3 shots currently and 2 more shots on the way. It will cover him until 2 days late. I called our TriCare pharmacy to let them know and they are sending a vacation request before August 25th. It's 6 days before we leave, so we aren't concerned. 

That’s good. I figured it had to be a vacation request. I’m just thinking ahead if I were to take a longer cruise. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  

@TiogaCruiser — I hope you figure out the Uber issues. I’ve only used it once for myself and I booked the ride the day before. BTW, I just discovered that we will be in Quebec City on the same day August 30th. Is that your disembarkation day?  We’ll have to wave to each other!

No, the 30th is our last port day. We get off Volendam the next day in Montreal. We were (are) planning using Uber in Quebec City and Montreal. Apparently LYFT doesn’t operate in those areas. We booked late and I’m just getting into planning the trip. I like having things buttoned down well. Guess we’ll have to be spontaneous this time. 🥴 (The famous line about planning from Hunt for Red October has been applied to me more than once.)

DH will open an account under his credit card, but the Uber mystery just has me a bit concerned.

You are pre-cruise in QC, right? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

...Elizabeth @Haljo1935 — a lot of doctors overbook their patients and don’t really care if they complain but 6 patients at 8 o‘clock is crazy. I could see 2 or 3 (sorry but it’s just a fact). I do have to say it’s usually the best doctors and those that specialize because they are in high demand and other doctors ask for favors. Also surgeons do this because they have to see so many post ops so many days after surgery. I pulled my hair out many times a day trying to figure out where to schedule follow ups. 

2 or 3 at 8 am wouldn't be a big deal, that seems reasonable. Add a few people showing up early and you could get to 6 people. But the early arrivals shouldn't be called back ahead of the appointments scheduled before them, right?🤷‍♀️

I'll tell myself it's because she's that good, lol.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

No, the 30th is our last port day. We get off Volendam the next day in Montreal. We were (are) planning using Uber in Quebec City and Montreal. Apparently LYFT doesn’t operate in those areas. We booked late and I’m just getting into planning the trip. I like having things buttoned down well. Guess we’ll have to be spontaneous this time. 🥴 (The famous line about planning from Hunt for Red October has been applied to me more than once.)

DH will open an account under his credit card, but the Uber mystery just has me a bit concerned.

You are pre-cruise in QC, right? 

No I’m boarding in Boston on the 22nd and doing two 7 day cruises B2B. Quebec City is turn around day. Enjoy your cruise!  I’m sure everything will turn out great for you. 

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

2 or 3 at 8 am wouldn't be a big deal, that seems reasonable. Add a few people showing up early and you could get to 6 people. But the early arrivals shouldn't be called back ahead of the appointments scheduled before them, right?🤷‍♀️

I'll tell myself it's because she's that good, lol.

Yes, that’s not right. I was a stickler for taking patients in order, even when the waiting room was packed. People complained but as long as someone was on time I would always go in order of their appointment. One time a patient showed up at 1:00 for a 4:15 appointment and the MA was going to take them back, I was still at lunch, but I walked up just in time to stop that. The MA hadn’t even checked what time the appointment was. It would have messed up the whole afternoon. 

• Like 5

Good evening,

Thanks to everyone for the Bon Voyage wishes. The two Karens are having a great time!  We’re settled in for the evening, watching the movie “80 For Brady” with the ships horn sounding in the background. 

Karen

• Like 11