Parking Advice Southampton MSC Cruise

freejack2k

Hi 

Cruising from Southampton on October 16th and a little unsure of who to use parking wise.

Have looked at parking4cruises.co.uk and think their reviews seem OK but thought I would ask here for some real life experience.

I've been told their prices are good and they often do discount codes (although I cant find one at the moment)

More thinking about on the way out as have read stories about people taking 2 hours to get out of car parks but obviously would like to get on the road home as soon as possible once we are off the ship.

Thanks

We've used parking4cruises before and would most certainly do again. Their drop-off point was directly opposite the cruise terminal. They were very thorough about photographing the car for any existing damage - partly to protect them against spurious claims but, also, to provide evidence to customer should a vehicle be damaged while in their care. My understanding is that they then remove cars to their own secure compound somewhere away from the port, returning them for disembarkation day. Car was ready and waiting for us when we got back and we were straight off - and back in North Cheshire in time for a late lunch.  My only issue, such as it was, is that we'd booked for them to valet the car but it wasnt done. Guy logged that when we collected the car and, within a couple of hours, the fee had been reversed on the credit card and an apology offered. 

• Like 1

MSC use APB at Southampton which beats any others hands down for convenience.

Park alongside the ship, luggage is collected from you at the vehicle, you walk to the ship, car is where you left it on return and we have never had a queue leaving the car park.

Code for a 15% discount is APBMSC24.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

MSC use APB at Southampton which beats any others hands down for convenience.

Park alongside the ship, luggage is collected from you at the vehicle, you walk to the ship, car is where you left it on return and we have never had a queue leaving the car park.

Code for a 15% discount is APBMSC24.

Thank you. Tried code but it didn’t work but now think I will go with them for ease. 

2 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

The code in the thread you quoted or the correct one in the thread below?

I've just tried ABPMSC24 on their website and it reduces the cost by 15%.

Sorry didn’t see the second post. That worked perfectly. Many thanks 

On 8/11/2024 at 2:42 PM, Thejuggler said:

Correction.  Code is ABPMSC24

I've just tried this code but for a Royal Caribbean cruise and it came back invalid. 

Anyone know of a generic promo code that works for other cruise lines

Thanks

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I've just tried this code but for a Royal Caribbean cruise and it came back invalid. 

Anyone know of a generic promo code that works for other cruise lines

Thanks

Hello,

The latest I have for Royal, X & Fred. is PARK2024 but the accompanying email says valid until May 2024 - but you never know.

You do know that, if you want to book a B2B, you book by 'phone and get 10% off one and 25% off the other?

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

The latest I have for Royal, X & Fred. is PARK2024 but the accompanying email says valid until May 2024 - but you never know.

You do know that, if you want to book a B2B, you book by 'phone and get 10% off one and 25% off the other?

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

You could always telephone and ask to be put on the mailing list and at the same time 'sweetly ask' if there are any current discounts available. If you find yourself speaking to Karyn Alford she is very helpful.

Regards,

Cublet

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks Cublet,  I didn't know about the b2b, but good to know.

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2024 at 4:21 PM, sgmn said:

Thanks Cublet,  I didn't know about the b2b, but good to know.

Hello,

Greetings from Bilbao.

I picked-up some glossy mags in Southampton. I can see an ad from ABP in an August mag quoting SA2024 for a 10% discount with no expiry date and another, also an August mag, quoting CRUISE2024 valid for 2024, 2025 & 2026 bookings offering 10% discount again with no expiry date.

Regards,

Cublet

We have done both ABP and "park/cruise" at the holiday inn right next to port...both worked GREAT.

Also considered parking at the mall that is not that far away...might do that next time, but it really is nice to just park at the pier.