HAL Laundry Questions

P&PNH

Greetings to all, I have some questions that I think loyal HAL cruisers can answer for us.  I have read all I can find about HAL laundry service, costs, turn around etc.  Questions I have are of a little more detail.  Do they do your laundry separate from other peoples?  If you have sensitive skin issues, can you supply the detergent (like hypo allergenic ones) for them to use, and will they use it?  If anyone has any answers please let us know. Thanks!

The laundry is processed with the masses.   Your articles are tagged and put in the wash with everyone else.  I have tried to submit my own detergent because I am a red head and most detergents chew my skin up, but they wouldnt take it.     The cloths are returned with 0 perfume odors but sometimes to be honest they dont always smell clean and I end up resubmitting them in the all inclusive plan.

Cheers

Rex

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, P&PNH said:

Greetings to all, I have some questions that I think loyal HAL cruisers can answer for us.  I have read all I can find about HAL laundry service, costs, turn around etc.  Questions I have are of a little more detail.  Do they do your laundry separate from other peoples?  If you have sensitive skin issues, can you supply the detergent (like hypo allergenic ones) for them to use, and will they use it?  If anyone has any answers please let us know. Thanks!

Since the laundry machines are huge, there's no way they're doing guest laundry individually. I'm not sure they can accommodate hypo allergenic detergent requests either. I've specified temperature (cold water, cool dry), but that's the extent of my special requests. This is a commercial laundry - hundreds of pounds washed & dried in the same machine.

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1

I submitted our laundry with a request on the sheet for hypo allergenic detergents.  I think I said please use no dye/no perfume detergents and that seemed to work fine. No one contacted me telling me it was impossible.  I read here on Cruise Critic in the past that you can request that.  Also if you have very sensitive skin you can request sheets and towels in your room that are washed with those types of detergents too.  The dermatologist had just told DH to try those detergents for a while due to a slight rash he developed, so we just went with it while on our cruise.

• Thanks 2

I also have very sensitive skin. After a discussion with a Club Orange customer service person onboard, who assured me that they are very aware of skin allergies and use “fragrance free and sensitive skin soaps,” I gave it a try and was very pleased. No problems whatsoever with the laundry, sheets or towels on our 21-day cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only time I get itchy skin is when I forget to remove the laundry tags. And after years of removing these things, I just NOW noticed they have our cabin numbers on them. 😂

IMG_6006.thumb.JPG.fe9071f38134e4caf2ec45fdbcaf5807.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Just be careful there dryers are very hot.

So it's the dryers that are shrinking my clothes not the Buffet !!!!!! 🤣

• Haha 10

I am allergic to most of the perfumes in laundry detergent. On the laundry ticket I wrote no perfume, cold water and air dry on almost all of my items and never had an issue.  I think you will be fine but I do suggest you try only one of two items before giving them an entire wash.  I also bring my own detergent to wash items in the sink. The shower has a clothesline.  

• Like 2

On 8/10/2024 at 3:09 PM, P&PNH said:

Do they do your laundry separate from other peoples?

I believe the CO passenger laundry is washed separately from the regular passengers.  It's a listed benefit right under "special tote bag".

• Haha 1

DD DH had very sensitive skin.  I always packed his special soap for his shower.  However, he had NO issues with HAL’s laundry.  he was very impressed with it, actually.

By the way, regarding the dryer comment.  They are only hot if you do ont request a different temp for drying your clothes.  I usually ask for low heat and cold water wash and it has never been an issue.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kazu said:

DD DH had very sensitive skin.  I always packed his special soap for his shower.  However, he had NO issues with HAL’s laundry.  he was very impressed with it, actually.

By the way, regarding the dryer comment.  They are only hot if you do ont request a different temp for drying your clothes.  I usually ask for low heat and cold water wash and it has never been an issue.

I did the same with cold water wash and low heat.  I even requested the tags not be put on the front bottom of my tees as they left a wrinkly mark that showed.  I asked they put them on the side seam area.  It helps to be specific.  They aim to please!!

• Like 1