Are Coffee Cards Still Available to buy ?

janny444

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I still have two cards from long ago as well, memories 🙂.

When the expiration of coffee cards was announced, we gave away our last 2 or 3 cards at the M&G. We didn't have another cruise booked before the official expiration date.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

When the expiration of coffee cards was announced, we gave away our last 2 or 3 cards at the M&G. We didn't have another cruise booked before the official expiration date.

We got these in place of the mini bar in a suite. It was on the Regal so didn't go to the IC for coffee just treats.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

We got these in place of the mini bar in a suite. It was on the Regal so didn't go to the IC for coffee just treats.

That must have been a long time ago since the cards have been gone for a long time

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That must have been a long time ago since the cards have been gone for a long time

Oh yeah 2018 Baltic cruise on Regal first and last full suite on Princess. Only booked it because it was $88.00 more each for the two weeks, great deal. Booked a Vista this next cruise because it was short money between this and my preferred choice a mini (plus only guarantee cabins were left, never a choice for us). I did like the cards but think the package works better for me.

On 8/11/2024 at 10:10 AM, voljeep said:

sorry, but the coffee cards were badly abused for non-intended purposes.  Posters used to brag consistently here on CC about saving that one punch.  Princess finally did away with the card, put it on the medallion for the current cruise only, then completely did away with it.

Another thing that potentially will go away is the _____________  as also posted about here on CC as a work around

I suspect the main reason the paper cards went away is because the unused cards became an accounting nightmare over time. Princess had to account for the unused punched as a liability on the books.

They solved that problem by going to the electronic system, but there were problems where the electronic coffee card would show up as a drink package. Instead of spending money to fix the system they just eliminated the electronic  coffee cards. Fit right in with their pucmsh to sell packages.