Recent TA on QM2

Judyrem

Posted (edited)

This was my bucket list trip, however there were some issues that I will share with you.

LOVED the ship itself, she was classy and beautiful and I was so happy to sail with her.

My Princess Grill room was lovely but just a bit "cozy".

The entertainment was excellent and the insight lectures were very interesting and a shout out to the Jazz Trio and Harpist and our wonderful Blues singer!

The Princess Grill dining room was nice, unfortunately the food was not.

As beautiful as classy the ship was the food was at best mediocre, with one exception being  the excellent rooms service breakfasts.

The pop up Indian and Italian were good, better than the PG dining.

One of the most wonderful aspect of this  ship was the extremely nice and interesting people we met on board, they were such a pleasure to be around.

The Spa was good but the therapy pool and saunas were not included, even after spending 250$, I have never encountered that before.

The bottom line for me is if I am spending close to 13,000$  I expect better food!

I hope Cunard changes the food because it is a game changer for me.

I will be trying some other cruise lines in the interim.

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The choice, the execution and the ingredients.

The diver scallops were inedible and we both did not eat them and the server did not even comment on the fact nor did he ask if we would prefer anything else.

One night there was not on thing that was appetizing to me so I asked if they could bring me a different main and the suggested chicken was was fine.

No sole meuniere or tempura shrimp😐

The fish was bland and needed seasonings.  The "salads"  looked like an amuse bouche LOL

At Southampton Michel Proulx from  La Gavroche was the guest speaker on Monday and we wanted to ask if he had tasted any of the dishes on the ship but the  question period ended.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

The choice, the execution and the ingredients.

The diver scallops were inedible and we both did not eat them and the server did not even comment on the fact nor did he ask if we would prefer anything else.

One night there was not on thing that was appetizing to me so I asked if they could bring me a different main and the suggested chicken was was fine.

No sole meuniere or tempura shrimp😐

The fish was bland and needed seasonings.  The "salads"  looked like an amuse bouche LOL

At Southampton Michel Proulx from  La Gavroche was the guest speaker on Monday and we wanted to ask if he had tasted any of the dishes on the ship but the  question period ended.

Roux?

• Like 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

Roux?

Yes, LOL!

He was very interesting,  BTW and was offering his 200$ per person dinner on the ship for 6 nights. We were leaving Tuesday.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Yes, LOL!

He was very interesting,  BTW and was offering his 200$ per person dinner on the ship for 6 nights. We were leaving Tuesday.

Yes I was also at that In Conversation session with Michel Roux, led by Amanda Reid, and the audience asked many interesting questions. The one that stuck out for me was how innovation, for him as a classic cook, had certain boundaries, such as citric fruit with fish.   But sorry to hear about your poor experience in PG - I was happy enough over in Britannia.

Edited by Pushpit
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing @Judyrem I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the food in PG. Did you try Golden Lion or the small bites in Carinthia? I've seen some recent videos about both of those venues that were very positive. And I have read several times now that Cunard has some delicious vegetarian dishes. I'm not vegetarian but might become one on our voyage! 

• Like 2

Thanks for reporting back to us Judyrem. Reading the slipping in standards foodwise and in Service quite often here now- and experienceing the worst Service on a Cunard ship ever on our double TA this last June, I think Cuanrd should take care of those problems. Food was okay though- in Britannia- much much better in the Verandah and Corriander.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pear Carr said:

Best avoid Queen Anne then if you thought PG cabin on QM2 was cosy!

I will be trying other cruises and hoping to find the right line for me.

If they fixed the issues especially food,  I would return but I don't see that happening anytime soon,

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

I hope you find a cruise line that suits you better. 

Yes, I hope so.

I know this board is for Cunard devotees and I appreciate that, and I hope everyone will always be content and happy with Cunard.

• Like 1