How do you get from Tower Bridge disembarkation port to subway that goes to LHR?

We are disembarking at Tower Bridge in London and we need to get to LHR.  My understanding that there is a subway that goes to LHR that leaves from Tower Bridge but I can't tell how to get from the port there walking?  Can anyone assist?  Will be having luggage. --- thanks in advance

I suggest you look at street maps and London tube maps online.  Also consult the Transport for London web site.  

There is no direct link from Tower Bridge to LHR.  Changes are involved, not necessarily advisable with luggage.  Changes at Underground stations may mean transferring lines on different levels by long escalators and central London stations can be very busy.     

Where exactly are you disembarking?  Assuming you are moored against HMS Belfast, then you'll step ashore on the south side of the Thames.  Your disembarcation point is very near London Bridge station.  From there, you have a number of options.  The easiest and most comfortable (air conditioned all the way) is to take the Thameslink train from Platform 5 to Farringdon.  There you switch to the Elizabeth line to Heathrow.  (There are lifts down to the subterreanean Elizabeth line so it an easy transfer)

Do not buy any ticket.  Just touch a contactless credit card (or smartphone or smartwatch) at the entrance gate at London Bridge and use the same device to leave at Heathrow.  That will charge you £13.30.

If you are using the mooring just downriver of Tower Bridge then come back for difference advice.

Are you on Silversea? As far as I know, cruise ships that tie up by HMS Belfast are tendered to Millenium Pier, which is on the north side of the river by the Tower of London. You need to see if you can find out if you are dropped south side (as in IslandDwellers post) or north side.

If you do get tendered to north side, walk straight away from the river for about 100yds, parallel to the Tower of London walls, until you 'hit' the main road. Look 45 degrees to you right (across the park with a war memorial) and you will see the Citizen hotel (square building with a big M on it). Tower Hill tube station is in the bottom of that building. Get a District line train (green on the map) and change at either Barons Court or Hammersmith. You just have to walk 30 feet across the platform to get Piccadilly line (dark blue) trains to LHR. Pretty easy...I can't remember what access is like at Tower Hill, but hopefully escalator or lift for ease with luggage.

Simon

1 hour ago, Island2Dweller said:

Where exactly are you disembarking?  Assuming you are moored against HMS Belfast, then you'll step ashore on the south side of the Thames.

1 hour ago, sddsddean said:

Are you on Silversea? As far as I know, cruise ships that tie up by HMS Belfast are tendered to Millenium Pier, which is on the north side of the river by the Tower of London. You need to see if you can find out if you are dropped south side (as in IslandDwellers post) or north side.

My impression was also that ships that are moored to HMS Belfast (technically Tower Bridge Upper) are tendered to Tower Millennium Pier on the north side, but this should be checked with the cruise line.

1 hour ago, Island2Dweller said:

If you are using the mooring just downriver of Tower Bridge then come back for difference advice.

Cruise ships no longer moor at this point (technically Tower Bridge Lower). There is still a mooring point just below the bridge, but this is really for superyachts and the like; AIUI it can't handle cruise ships.

1 hour ago, sddsddean said:

Get a District line train (green on the map) and change at either Barons Court or Hammersmith. You just have to walk 30 feet across the platform to get Piccadilly line (dark blue) trains to LHR. Pretty easy...I can't remember what access is like at Tower Hill, but hopefully escalator or lift for ease with luggage.

There are now lifts (elevators) at Tower Hill Tube to the platforms in both directions. For the westbound platforms, which are what the OP needs, the lift is located in the main ticket hall. There are some level changes on entry to the station, but ramps have been built for all of them if you don't want to use the (few) steps.

Barons Court is usually a better place to change because the cross-platform walk is only about 10 feet. In this direction, I would only use Hammersmith if there is inclement weather. See the photo in this post by Cotswold Eagle.

thank you all for the responses. We are on Atlas cruises and they can't seem to tell me exactly where they will dock.  Most inclination is that it will dock by HMS Belfast.  I have not been able to confirm if they will have to tender or not.  All of you provided good advice on how to accomplish task no matter which side of the river I end up at and I appreciate this info greatly.   Cheers