Help me choose Venezia 10 day or RCCL Symphony for 7 days?

I posted the same question on Carnival board as well.  My husband and I are in our late 50’s and looking to book a last minute cruise out of NY/NJ so we don’t have to fly this fall.  We have narrowed it down to the Symphony of the Seas 7 day Bahamas or 10 day Carnival Venezia Eastern Caribbean.

We are long time cruisers who have sailed Carnival once as well as Celebrity and Princess but mostly Royal. We have loved every cruise we have been on even though none have been perfect in every way.   Royal has been our favorite while the kids were growing up and we love their ships.  That being said, we have not done an Oasis class ship yet and we’re thinking Symphony literally just to try out the ship.  The itinerary kinda stinks to us so we would literally go just to be on the ship and enjoy it.

If we choose the Venezia it is a 10 day Eastern that visits the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Dominican Republic with 5 sea days.

Anyone sailed on both these ships?  What would you choose?  Thanks so much!

I havent sailed both but have some opinions. Is there one or the other loyalty program you favor? How do the prices compare. I dont eat italian so Venezia is a turn off as it was brought here and renamed and voila carnival has a new ship. It does have some italian food influences I wouldn't like. Lol yes I'm staying in rome for 4 days next year, the ship I booked goes there more than rome was on a bucket list, at the bottom.

I did a 14 day journey cruise last on carnival in January and enjoyed the food. Some of the new apps and entrees were quite good, maybe I'm tired of royal food or because that was a special cruise it was better. Got to try all my carnival favorites. BLT at the deli. I dont eat the free hamburgers and hot dogs at all on royal. I admit I love fast food. 

How do the prices compare? I'd probably decide by price per day tbh. As a solo royal is cheaper for me. Imo it would be hard to decide by ship. Royals ships are prettier to me, their aqua colored windows, and design. Royal has better shows for my taste at night. Royal gives me 5 drinks a day plus 2 days of wifi I missed when on carnival. But i preferred carnival food.

I prefer a higher deck and the way carnival prices is higher prices the higher the deck. Royal prices mid deck higher basically. I can book a higher deck on royal front or aft without paying extra. Royals loyalty program is better. Carnival almost never discounts excursions ahead of time so I paid full price. On royal I book ahead when on sale, so cheaper on royal. 

We have done Venezia and will do Symphony this year. We have already done Oasis and Harmony, so just doing Symphony as it is a different ship and for the convenience of being out of New Jersey. As you say, it has the same rather lackluster itinerary. But we like to try different ships and we really enjoy our Royal loyalty benefits.

Venezia is a beautiful ship and there was a very lively atmosphere. There are more complimentary food options than on Royal. The cruise you mention is longer which is nice and with at least some other islands included. Pool area was limited as I recall if that matters to you.

I might lean towards Symphony so you can try an Oasis class ship with its wealth of venues and entertainment.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

• Like 1

For the record I have done vista twice, supposed to be same class of ship by some, though not by all as the italian ships are a bit different and diamond on carnival and diamond plus on royal so similar experiences on both. I've done oasis when it was new twice and recently last year spring break and allure b2b or more and b3b on harmony and oasis and harmony and wonder and utopia booked. So fairly familiar. Hard to know what someone else likes. For me hard to find a comfortable upright chair on oasis class to sit and read and watch the ocean, or aft. Carnival more ocean exposure to me. For me comes down to food I liked better on carnival or shows on royal. I like the ports better on carnival. 

Thanks everyone!  We have decided on Symphony!  Just booked and paid for it and made all our reservations!  

Looking forward to trying an Oasis Class for the first time and basically enjoying the ship for a week.

• Like 4

My son was looking at the Carnival ship for his first cruise , but opted for Symphony also .

He reviewed videos of both ships and thought RC was a better choice for him.

I am glad he did as i was able to help him with info on booking entertainment and check in .