Celebrity Flora sailings canceled

alexandria

The December 1, 2024 and December 8, 2024 sailings have been canceled to repair the propulsion system in dry dock.  Once I receive further details from my TA, I'll update this post.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, alexandria said:

The December 1, 2024 and December 8, 2024 sailings have been canceled to repair the propulsion system in dry dock.  Once I receive further details from my TA, I'll update this post.

That's a real shame and disappointment as those are definitely unique "bucket list" type cruises.  But unfortunately historically it seems as though most propulsion issues that affect ship performance usually only can be repaired in dry dock.

Hopefully a workable alternative sailing option can result for you and the rest.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Does anyone here from the sailing know what they are giving as compensation?  My parents are (were) on it but trying to make sure they get what they are owed, if anybody here knows.  

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, alias47 said:

Does anyone here from the sailing know what they are giving as compensation?  My parents are (were) on it but trying to make sure they get what they are owed, if anybody here knows.  

With the caveat that I am not on either of those cruises and therefore have no direct knowledge I can say that typically there would of course be a full refund of the cruise fare and other directly booked expenses (i.e. air booked through Celebrity, excursions, etc.).  There may also be some amount of FCC in additional compensation from Celebrity as a cancelation gesture. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

21 hours ago, alias47 said:

Celebrity said yesterday that an email with all of the details would go out to travel agents and passengers who self-booked. So far myTA hasn't received it.

WOW we are on the June 1 cruise so hope they get the ship back up & working by then. In dry dock, things never go as planned on ships I know from whom I used to work for. We were one of those that had booked on the Xploration & when Celebrity sold the ship, moved us to the Flora. So we would be disappointed if they moved us again. I was just going to redeem the airline points now to book them.

BTW it's correct that most times the propulsion can only be done when ship is dry docked. It would depend on what it is but this sounds like something major. Very disappointing. Please let us know what the compensation will be.

Xploration and Xpedition sail for the last time on Dec 28.  Celebrity is potentially looking at not having any ships doing the Galapagos if the repairs take longer than a month!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

Yup I agree & this is not good. This could take longer than they think. 

Then again, there is this very lengthy drydock: link

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Then again, there is this very lengthy drydock: link

I  retiredsed from NAVSEA so that's why I was familiar with ships going into dry dock & delays. I can't comment any further due to security. 

• Like 1