? for Regular "Old" Cruisers Like Me!

susancruzs

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The mini-bar became useless to us when they took away the ability to exchange for coffee cards. We don't drink alcohol or bottled water or soda.

We bring home the tiny bottles and offer them to friends.

Then you still get some benefit.  Otherwise just decline it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The mini-bar became useless to us when they took away the ability to exchange for coffee cards. We don't drink alcohol or bottled water or soda.

We bring home the tiny bottles and offer them to friends.

What do you drink on a cruise? Only coffee?  I have to drink 2 litres of water a day and can't drink tea or coffee. 

Unfortunately it's all about the bottom line. Wherever you turn someone is after your money and with CCL being so much in debt they have people looking at ways to remove even more from your pocket. But I have a word of warning for them. Don't let your standards drop as there's plenty of other forms of holidays (vacations) that can be had and other cruise lines to try. I for instance have been a loyal P&O customer having done 17 previous cruises with them since 2002. Last year we cruised on Ventura, a 35 night cruise which took in the Caribbean, Cozumel Mexico, Roatan and Belize and then New Orleans, Miami and Port Canaveral. Sadly a disaster from day one. Ship got to port (pier) 5 hours late, sailed 5 and a half hours after due time. Due to a last minute change of cabin the door card was in someone else's name. We received our cases and theirs. A package I had paid for which amongst the many things included like champagne, presentation champagne flutes, dining in speciality restaurants etc which should have been in our cabin weren't there and it took me 17 days to sort everything out. Our second port of call was Bermuda this was six days at sea. Captain decided days before arrival that the weather was unsuitable to dock ? he must have had a great crystal ball. So we arrived at the first port of call after 10 days at sea.Whilst I tolerate days at sea 10 is too many for me. Once we arrive at New Orleans where immigration took place this was far from great (Not P&O's fault I know) but seeing as we had two day's in port many lost most of the first day, I won't carry on, but there were even more problems at other ports and on the ship. Therefore we have switched allegiance to Princess and  dependent on how this goes we may not return to P&O. Added to this cruise lines need to remember that it's oldies that fill their ships when kids are back and school or college.

6 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

What do you drink on a cruise? Only coffee?  I have to drink 2 litres of water a day and can't drink tea or coffee. 

I drink tea and flavored tap water (bring my own little packets). DH drinks coffee, water, milk and 1 or 2 dirty bananas/cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I drink tea and flavored tap water (bring my own little packets). DH drinks coffee, water, milk and 1 or 2 dirty bananas/cruise.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure about the tap water on a cruise but I’ve looked it up and it’s great so I’ll follow your lead when I need to. 

1 hour ago, paddingtonbear said:

Thanks. I wasn’t sure about the tap water on a cruise but I’ve looked it up and it’s great so I’ll follow your lead when I need to. 

Tap water quality will vary ship to ship just like on land. Ask the people in Flint Michigan   Not being serious

Edited by memoak

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

Tap water quality will vary ship to ship just like on land. Ask the people in Flint Michigan   Not being serious

Ohhh! We filter our drinking water at home because my DH is a microbiologist and we are fussy.