Am I crazy to even be considering drink package?

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Let me do some math for you... 10 beers x $8 × 4 days X 2 people = $640. I realize that I'm not using "new math" so the answer could be different these days.

Don’t forget the 18% gratuity, so you are looking at a total of $755.20 in your example. 

Using your example the break even point would be roughly $79.99 per day for the deluxe drink package.  

79.99 x 4 x 2 x 18% = $755.10 

I've convinced myself the drinks packages cost so much, so that when you are at the bar, you buy more than you would normally but tell yourself it's still less than if you'd bought the package.

• Thanks 1

How people spend their money is not always about logic, and that's okay.

A family friend insists on re-heating yesterday's coffee, yet has millions and doesn't even notice erroneous drafts on his checking account. 

Just to update: ended up buying the package. I doubt we'll come out ahead, but it's only the first 4 days and the final 3 we'll go back to normal using our d+ and prime drinks. 

• Like 7

On 8/18/2024 at 5:05 PM, colesc15 said:

I actually had no idea this was even a thing. I'm surprised they allow it to be honest. I was always under the impression they forced everyone in the cabin to get the package or that one loophole of one getting the alcohol package and the other getting the refreshment package. 

On 8/18/2024 at 2:57 PM, Another_Critic said:

Be careful with this.  It has been reported that if you decline the 2nd DBP, but use vouchers for alcoholic drinks, you could raise a red flag.  YMMV.

That was my impression too.  They only allowed the second member to skip the deluxe drink package and get the refreshment instead if there was a valid reason for it (As an example, the person can't drink alcohol for medical reasons)

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

That was my impression too.  They only allowed the second member to skip the deluxe drink package and get the refreshment instead if there was a valid reason for it (As an example, the person can't drink alcohol for medical reasons)

Our FB group has reported that when they called, they didnt even ask why the second person didnt want the Deluxe package. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Having 10 vouchers per day for alcoholic drinks to use is a valid reason. 

• Haha 1