Adding a passenger to a booking

Was considering adding a person to my solo booking and was wondering how complicated that is?

im concerned about calling the call centre and them doing more damage than good to my reservation.  I suppose I don’t have much of a choice.  

Just curious if anyone else has done this and what their experience was like.  TIA. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Freckles1983 said:

Was considering adding a person to my solo booking and was wondering how complicated that is?

im concerned about calling the call centre and them doing more damage than good to my reservation.  I suppose I don’t have much of a choice.  

Just curious if anyone else has done this and what their experience was like.  TIA. 

There might be issues if you are not US or Canada. Also the fare you booked might matter, are you just concerned about adding as opposed to expecting the only additional fees are the port fees and taxes. If you booked at a reduced solo fare, the double occupancy fare will need to be calculated.

In rare instances, if you booked a particular cabin, that section of the ship might have reached its lifeboat occupancy limit so even though your cabin can accommodate 2 or more passengers, you will not be able to add passenger2.

My sister was able to add her son, 2 days before sailing date. She called 1 800 Princess.  YMMV.

Whenever I book a cruise, I always mark it MsMr. TBD (to be determined).  If you are not past final payment, you shouldn't have any trouble (if there is still capacity in your location).  

Do you have a good TA? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Whenever I book a cruise, I always mark it MsMr. TBD (to be determined).  If you are not past final payment, you shouldn't have any trouble (if there is still capacity in your location).  

Do you have a good TA? 

Good to know thanks.

Tony

I've added second passengers to my booking numerous times.  As mentioned, there's many variables at play on how it might work for you.  You will keep the same booking number and cabin assignment and can specify whether you want two twins or a queen setup.

I am past final payment, does that matter?

I also do not have a TA, which I guess might come to bite me in a situation like this.  

I was hoping it would just be the port fees/taxes and the plus package as an additional cost.  

thanks for all the answers so far 

You should still be able to add a person to your booking.....BUT, you will have to contact Princess directly since you do not have a TA.  You will be at risk of adding your passenger if they are at capacity for your location.  There may be a small fee involved (I know that there is a name change fee).

3 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

How exactly did you go about this?

Just call Princess.  Make sure you have booking number their full name, date of birth and Captain Circle number if they've cruised Princess before.  Have credit card handy to cover payment.  It's really that simple.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

IF...they have never cruised before, be sure to send them a referral BEFORE you book them in your cabin.  You and they will get $25 OBC.

Tried to get you a link...none to be found.  Look under your account for information.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

Now I am in the opposite situation. I do have a TA who is very good, and has booked 4 rooms (she did this for us for our February cruise of this year) for us for our February cruise of next year. I believe she told me I have up to possibly October or November to have someone. I will be fine with the room to myself, but will pay for the full amount almost, but just prefer having someone with me once in a while in my room. 🙂 Going on a 10 day, actually one day flying in early, does make a difference, but I have a couple people that are still in the "thinking" mode. 🙂