Flight Time After Cruise from SFO or OAK (Pier 27)

We have a flight voucher to use and we're looking to book our airfare for our June 2025 Alaskan Cruise on the Carnival Legend.

We'll be arriving back to San Francisco on a Thursday morning at Pier 27 (I believe that's where Carnival comes in).  What's the earliest flight time you would book to head home?  We're a family of 4 with 2 teenagers so we're trying to find the balance of plenty of time to get to the airport stress-free.....with not sitting around the airport "forever" (remember, teenagers).  I was thinking noon-ish would be ideal for the flight time, but we've never sailed out of San Francisco so I wanted to ask.

We're flying in a few days before so any information on a hotel for a few nights would also be appreciated!

If you get off the ship and into your transportation by 9:00am at the latest, a noon flight from SFO should be doable without stress.  

This current thread below has info on places to stay and see.  Lots of other hotel info in other threads down the forum.  Have a fun trip!

20 hours ago, aggie182 said:

I was thinking noon-ish would be ideal for the flight time, but we've never sailed out of San Francisco so I wanted to ask.

"noon-ish" closer to "one-ish" rather than "11-ish" would make me more comfortable.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies! 

As luck would have it, I just realized there is a similar topic a page or 2 down.  I did search before I posted but didn't find much recent info.  Today a I was browsing, I found that other thread! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Based on info here and in other threads, we ended up booking a 12:15p flight home for after the cruise. Also based on info in this forum, we reserved the Columbus Motor Inn for our 2-night pre-cruise stay.  They had a room that has 2 doubles and a queen for a very reasonable rate that should accommodate our family well. Our #1 priority was safety, followed by being close to the cable car lines and other fun stuff.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aggie182 said:

Based on info here and in other threads, we ended up booking a 12:15p flight home for after the cruise. Also based on info in this forum, we reserved the Columbus Motor Inn for our 2-night pre-cruise stay.  They had a room that has 2 doubles and a queen for a very reasonable rate that should accommodate our family well. Our #1 priority was safety, followed by being close to the cable car lines and other fun stuff.

Have a great time!  Thanks for following up with your decisions.

~Nancy