The Retreat - What is NOT included...?

Sunseeker7

7 minutes ago, George C said:

We do a music charter every year on celebrity, on that sky suites can only get free drinks in retreat , since it’s a M class no bar in outdoor retreat . But Royal suites get the premium drink package included, plus normal royal suite perks.

We had lunch on Millie in the outdoor retreat area in Alaska. The staff got drinks for us from somewhere. I'm assuming they made the drinks 1 deck down in the Sky Lounge.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We had lunch on Millie in the outdoor retreat area in Alaska. The staff got drinks for us from somewhere. I'm assuming they made the drinks 1 deck down in the Sky Lounge.

Yes , we have lunch there on summit and staff will serve drinks  , only time I ever do that is port days when Luminae is closed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SandJCruiser said:

the Luminae specialty cocktails are all $18. 

Where are you seeing this?  
We were on the Millennium just this past May and the Bourbon & Peaches specialty cocktail was covered by my Premium package. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We were on the Millennium just this past May and the Bourbon & Peaches specialty cocktail was covered by my Premium package. 

Just looking at current prices on Constellation, and your Bourbon & Peaches runs $15, as do all of the other Luminae specialty drinks.  Wonder which ship @SandJCruiser is on?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Just looking at current prices on Constellation, and your Bourbon & Peaches runs $15, as do all of the other Luminae specialty drinks.  Wonder which ship @SandJCruiser is on?

My guess is it's from a sailing (UK or Australia?) that includes gratuities in the price. $15 + 20% = $18

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, George C said:

We do a music charter every year on celebrity, on that sky suites can only get free drinks in retreat , since it’s a M class no bar in outdoor retreat . But Royal suites get the premium drink package included, plus normal royal suite perks.

we were in a SS in March and July. Suite class comes with the premium drink package, as long as you booked Suite to start with.  

(rules seem different on your music charter and booked through that group.  interesting). Are the music charters once a year?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

we were in a SS in March and July. Suite class comes with the premium drink package, as long as you booked Suite to start with.  

(rules seem different on your music charter and booked through that group.  interesting). Are the music charters once a year?

Yes , but there are several of them , we do rock and romance which is 70’s music , week after is flower power which is 60’s music both are always celebrity, last few years on summit . There are several others also.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RichYak said:

My guess is it's from a sailing (UK or Australia?) that includes gratuities in the price. $15 + 20% = $18

That’s probably exactly it, yet many panic, it comes up fairly often here..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

That’s probably exactly it, yet many panic, it comes up fairly often here..

Just considering how that would look and what it would mean.  I assume, then, that they would necessarily show the Premium Drinks package as covering everything up to $18 rather than $15?

41 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just considering how that would look and what it would mean.  I assume, then, that they would necessarily show the Premium Drinks package as covering everything up to $18 rather than $15?

I just chalk it up to the fact that the Brits are different.  🙂

52 minutes ago, canderson said:

It’s been $20 for a long time. Everytime this comes up. And people are on their phones with signatures off and the poster’s location doesn’t show up. Sometimes you’ll get “colour” instead of “color” to clue in. But it universally sends people into a fit that drink prices have gone up and nothing is covered in the package. And then there’s the series of that’s how it works fo bookings in Australia and the UK. Then it comes up again and everyone forgets again. 

Rinse and repeat!

On 8/22/2024 at 7:30 AM, SandJCruiser said:

Havent cruised Celebrity since 2001, but have a Sky Suite booked for 2026.  I note that the Premium package includes all drinks up to $17, but the Luminae specialty cocktails are all $18.  I'm sure this is intentional, but it seems like a bit of a slap in the face for them to feel they have to nickel and dime their suite guests out of an extra buck.

Premium drinks out of Southampton usually are considered European so a grats are included in the drink price and the max price is $20 because the drinks are 18 or 19 with the grats hidden in the price. Look at the bar menus and see if they say "plus 20% gratuities"

On 8/22/2024 at 6:45 AM, Andy_P said:

The only Sky Suite Guests who would not have a Premium Drink Package (and Premium WiFi) are those who acquired a Sky Suite through "MoveUp" and had not purchased either with their original booking - they might have bought "Classic" or nothing. That said, they would likely be served Premium Drinks in the Retreat Area.  When we did MoveUp from Aqua Class to a Sky Suite we maintained our Classic Drink Package, and outside of the Retreat had to pay an upcharge for any drink costing more than $10.  Our Suite Stateroom Key stated - Classic Drinks.

An "Upgrade" is not the same as "MoveUp".  With an upgrade you rebook, pay the difference from your original booking and receive all Sky Suite benefits as if you had booked a Sky Site originally - including the full Captain's Club Benefits that doesn't come with MoveUp.  We have done that as well, and our Classic Drink Package and WiFi was replaced with Premium.

I want to jump in with a correction.  Celebrity does offer suite cabins without the two perks from time to time when they advertise Exciting Deals or other promotions. Typically these are offered closer to sail date and after final payment is due.  If you work with a good travel agent, they will look out for these deals for you.  

So to confirm, its not just those that “move up” that may not have drink package.  

On 8/22/2024 at 8:30 AM, SandJCruiser said:

Havent cruised Celebrity since 2001, but have a Sky Suite booked for 2026.  I note that the Premium package includes all drinks up to $17, but the Luminae specialty cocktails are all $18.  I'm sure this is intentional, but it seems like a bit of a slap in the face for them to feel they have to nickel and dime their suite guests out of an extra buck.

THAT has been at contentious thread on the boards is Eden tends to be north of $17 for the higher end products. 

15 minutes ago, Cruising Princess said:

I want to jump in with a correction.  Celebrity does offer suite cabins without the two perks from time to time when they advertise Exciting Deals or other promotions. Typically these are offered closer to sail date and after final payment is due.  If you work with a good travel agent, they will look out for these deals for you.  

So to confirm, its not just those that “move up” that may not have drink package.  

Retreat is never on Exciting Deals. There hasn’t been a cruise only Retreat cabin rate offered since All Included came out in 11/2020 with the exception of the new Zenith suite rate. 

• Like 1