Ultimate Balcony Dinner - cancellation?

We have actually never done this before.  We are not the 'romantic' type of couple.

We will have an extended balcony on an upcoming cruise.  I might want to book this, but would only want to do it if everything works out right.

Does anyone here have an idea on what the cancellation policy might be?

I am assuming that you could not cancel and get a refund the morning of the Dinner

Thanks for any info!

11 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

We have actually never done this before.  We are not the 'romantic' type of couple.

We will have an extended balcony on an upcoming cruise.  I might want to book this, but would only want to do it if everything works out right.

Does anyone here have an idea on what the cancellation policy might be?

I am assuming that you could not cancel and get a refund the morning of the Dinner

Thanks for any info!

We love it at a port sailaway. Beautiful backdrop and great dinner.

We did have to cancel one time, 1 day before, die to weather.  I called RS and they said, NP.  Didn’t have another opportunity, they gave me OBC. 

We check the weather a couple of days away and decide. If storms coming, just reschedule another day, if possible.  I try to schedule in the beginning or middle of the trip.  We usually do long cruises, so I have a lot of days to choose from.

The morning of the dinner, IDK.  You can ask RS, when you get OB.

I got information a few days go(from my CVP) that experiential dinning will have a 50% charge if not cancelled  24 hours prior to reservation time. Not sure if this includes the UBD but seems like it could.  Best to ask. 

Also a “no show” at a SD restaurant will have a $10 per person fee. 

Both effective August 31, 2024. 

• Thanks 1

This does not have to a fancy deal.  Wear tshirts and flipflops if you like.  If you're on port or starboard, you might want to book it for a port where the ship doesn't leave until 7 or 8pm.  Otherwise, the wind might be brisker than you'd prefer.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We are not the 'romantic' type of couple.

@Wishing on a star

Neither are we and we enjoy the UBD whenever it fits into our schedule & we have a balcony. It’s a great meal with great service which goes at whatever pace you desire. The servers wait in the hallway & peak inside without us ever noticing them to see when we’re ready for the next course…very unobtrusive great service. 😊

We’ve never needed to cancel any of our UBDs so don’t know their policy but if you need to cancel they’d likely just reassign the waitstaff to other duties. As suggested, we either have our UBD during an evening in port or during sailaway. Once during an early December sailaway from Santorini it was too cold & windy to have it on the balcony. They moved it inside putting the table at the glass sliding door to enjoy the view & a great dining experience.

Crown Grill is now $90 per couple ($106.22 with tip) and for $110 (no 18% tip added in April but we make a cash tip) you not only get great service & meal but also nearly the cost of the UBD in extras: photo, cocktails, champagne (we could exchange it for wine) and flowers.

But let’s keep it a secret so it wont’t get too popular (max of 2 early & 2 late). 🤫🤐😅

We booked our April UBD now because with all of the other dining increases the UBD’s price might also increase before our cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

We have - paid the $110, booked the date, but not the time - October

Oh good!  Waiting to book UBD on the Star.  Whenever they decide to open dining on that ship. 🤔