Santorini RCCL Excursions

I'm not having much luck finding reviews of certain tours offered by Royal Caribbean in Santorini.  I was looking at Best of Santorini and Exclusive Santorini Tour. Has anyone done either of these tours?  I want to do as much as possible since I've never been there before and not sure when we would be back.  They both go to Akrotiri, Oia, Fira, a winery....

They both seem to have similar stops, but perhaps a few differences around touring underground cellars of the oldest winery and lunch at a certain restaurant with a show?  I am struggling to find the difference.  One is 8 hours and 45 minutes...other is 9 hours....  

1 hour ago, ulcards99 said:

Has anyone done either of these tours?

You may want to also ask in the Ports of Call section and maybe in the Roll Call thread for your sailing.

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You may want to also ask in the Ports of Call section and maybe in the Roll Call thread for your sailing.

I initially posted on the Greece port of call and they recommended posting here too lol

We have done the best of tour which covered all the main sites. The only difference I can see is that "the best of" has  a folklore style lunch with plate smashing/dancing in Oia whilst the "exclusive"  is a traditional food tasting type lunch with maybe more time spent at the winery.

My suggestion is that whichever trip offers the most time in Oia is the best.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRUEBLUE66 said:

We have done the best of tour which covered all the main sites. The only difference I can see is that "the best of" has  a folklore style lunch with plate smashing/dancing in Oia whilst the "exclusive"  is a traditional food tasting type lunch with maybe more time spent at the winery.

My suggestion is that whichever trip offers the most time in Oia is the best.  

That was my initial thought. What did you think of the Best of tour? Would you recommend it? Was the meal included in the price or additional? 

I agree that more Oia time is best but I’m not really sure how to figure that out. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ulcards99 said:

That was my initial thought. What did you think of the Best of tour? Would you recommend it? Was the meal included in the price or additional? 

I agree that more Oia time is best but I’m not really sure how to figure that out. 

The "best of" tour was fine and did take you around the island, which is small.  Yes, the food was included.

There are local buses and taxis that will get you to Oia if that is the main priority 

On our last visit we got the cable car up to Fira and walked the coastal path to Oia, which had amazing views. Took about 3/4 hours. Had lunch in Oia and got the local bus back to Fira for a few euros. 

Edited by TRUEBLUE66
add