Queens Grille Mini Bar

glojo

Hi

I would like to know the latest Cunard Queens Grille policy regarding complimentary drinks please.  Is it two bottles of wine per cruise or possibly be two per day.  I am not a great wine drinker and much prefer a Guinness followed by a glass of rum 😑

Thanks very much

John

It's 2 of your choice from a selection of spirits or wine for in cabin consumption. If you don't drink wine, you can have rum. It may be 1 bottle for a short cruise. 

They are usually replaced once consumed.

Posted (edited)

Thanks  Host Hattie,

I don't know if the In Suite selections are across the fleet or ship particular but I would add, we had no issue getting as much  Peronni and Heinecken Zero as we wanted, replenished as and when so I would have thought Guinness wouldn't be a problem.

The wine [ our gin lasted two weeks] was also replenished daily  or when nearing half empty if that helps, glojo.

edit

so rum would also be replenished as and when.

Edited by Victoria2

Thank you both very much for the very informative replies.  We are going on just a nineteen day cruise so a bottle of rum might last two or three hours.  If however I want to enjoy this cruise and not be carried off in an alcoholic stupor, then just the one bottle will be more than adequate.

I remember once when dining at the captain's table, I asked for a glass of Guinness, the other guests looked at me in total disbelief.  Their eyes all looked like mini ping pong balls, the captain however looked at me with a big grin and said.... ,Finally, finally I can enjoy my favourite beer'  😊

The rest of the evening was a huge success, our table was the last to leave having taken a hint from the waiters who were all resetting the tables for breakfast but I confess this was pre covid .

On 8/27/2024 at 8:53 AM, Host Hattie said:

This was from Queen Anne last month, kindly posted by @Victoria2

IMG_1102.jpeg.51c064441810ce2827f9cd199e29d748.jpeg

Technically Jack Daniel’s isn’t Bourbon but Tennessee Sour Mash. Cunard still hasn’t corrected this egregious oversight…for those from Kentucky. 

On QE, they offered Jim Beam and not Jack and not as much gin selections. 
BTW, the bottles served in QG suites are not small sample-sized nor 500 ml bottles but full liters of booze. We took home the remaining Jim Beam and Campari. 

1 minute ago, NE John said:

Technically Jack Daniel’s isn’t Bourbon but Tennessee Sour Mash. Cunard still hasn’t corrected this egregious oversight…for those from Kentucky. 

On QE, they offered Jim Beam and not Jack and not as much gin selections. 
BTW, the bottles served in QG suites are not small sample-sized nor 500 ml bottles but full liters of booze. We took home the remaining Jim Beam and Campari. 

I haven’t had to buy any gin for years, thanks to Cunard and my not drinking vast amounts.

• Like 2

When in Australian waters they cheapen out with things like Baileys and replace it with Mollys (yuck!!) and are unwilling to exchange for something specifically requested (asked for limoncello or chambord) even in QG.

Love being considered a 2nd class citizen when you are paying a few of thousand $$$ a day. 😞